locale.Error: unsupported locale setting locale
Error: the solution set by unsupported locale
0. References 1. Cause of error 2. Solution
1. Report the cause of the error
ubuntu 16.04 installed on the
virtualbox installed on the
ubuntu 16.04 used the
pip3 list and the
python3-m venv venv both commands gave the error message as follows:
[email protected]:~/microblog$ pip3 list Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/pip3", line 11, in <module> sys.exit(main()) File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pip/__init__.py", line 215, in main locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL, '') File "/usr/lib/python3.5/locale.py", line 594, in setlocale return _setlocale(category, locale) locale.Error: unsupported locale setting
The reason is that the system lacks the corresponding language package, which needs to be downloaded and installed.
locale locale to view the current language Settings:
[email protected]:~$ locale locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LANGUAGE= LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_NUMERIC=zh_CN.UTF-8 LC_TIME=zh_CN.UTF-8 LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8" LC_MONETARY=zh_CN.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8" LC_PAPER=zh_CN.UTF-8 LC_NAME=zh_CN.UTF-8 LC_ADDRESS=zh_CN.UTF-8 LC_TELEPHONE=zh_CN.UTF-8 LC_MEASUREMENT=zh_CN.UTF-8 LC_IDENTIFICATION=zh_CN.UTF-8 LC_ALL=
It is found that there are two languages in this setting, one is
en_us.utf-8 , and the other is
locale -a to view all available languages in the current system:
[email protected]:~$ locale -a C C.UTF-8 en_US.utf8 id_ID.utf8 POSIX
It was found that
zh_cn.utf-8 is missing in the available language above, and this is the reason for the error.
sudo apt install language-pack-zh-hans installation language:
[email protected]:~$ sudo apt install language-pack-zh-hans Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following additional packages will be installed: language-pack-zh-hans-base The following NEW packages will be installed: language-pack-zh-hans language-pack-zh-hans-base 0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded. Need to get 2110 kB of archives. After this operation, 8545 kB of additional disk space will be used. Do you want to continue?[Y/n] y Get:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main amd64 language-pack-zh-hans-base all 1:16.04+20160627 [2108 kB] Get:2 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu xenial-updates/main amd64 language-pack-zh-hans all 1:16.04+20160627 [1870 B] Fetched 2110 kB in 3s (567 kB/s) perl: warning: Setting locale failed. perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings: LANGUAGE = (unset), LC_ALL = (unset), LC_TIME = "zh_CN.UTF-8", LC_MONETARY = "zh_CN.UTF-8", LC_ADDRESS = "zh_CN.UTF-8", LC_TELEPHONE = "zh_CN.UTF-8", LC_NAME = "zh_CN.UTF-8", LC_MEASUREMENT = "zh_CN.UTF-8", LC_IDENTIFICATION = "zh_CN.UTF-8", LC_NUMERIC = "zh_CN.UTF-8", LC_PAPER = "zh_CN.UTF-8", LANG = "en_US.UTF-8" are supported and installed on your system. perl: warning: Falling back to a fallback locale ("en_US.UTF-8"). locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory Selecting previously unselected package language-pack-zh-hans-base. (Reading database ... 89747 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack .../language-pack-zh-hans-base_1%3a16.04+20160627_all.deb ... Unpacking language-pack-zh-hans-base (1:16.04+20160627) ... Selecting previously unselected package language-pack-zh-hans. Preparing to unpack .../language-pack-zh-hans_1%3a16.04+20160627_all.deb ... Unpacking language-pack-zh-hans (1:16.04+20160627) ... Setting up language-pack-zh-hans (1:16.04+20160627) ... Setting up language-pack-zh-hans-base (1:16.04+20160627) ... Generating locales (this might take a while)... zh_CN.UTF-8... done zh_SG.UTF-8... done Generation complete.
Finally, we generated the
zh_cn.utf-8 language that we needed.
pip3 list and
python3-m venv venv again will not give an error.
- Solving Linux minute warning: no support for locale: en_ US.utf
- Centos8 solves the problem of “failed to set locale, defaulting to c.utf-8”
- When calling time module – time / datetime in wxPython, an error is reported. Valueerror: unknown locale: zh cn
- MongoDB Error: Query failed with error code 2 and error message ‘Field ‘locale’ is invalid
- ImageIO.read () unsupported image type when reading picture_ exception Unsupported Image Type
- Apache [error] server reached MaxClients setting, consider raising the MaxClients setting
- An import error is reported in the python. The solution to setting. Pylintrc is invalid
- Unsupported operation types unsupported operation data types
- When react dynamically prunes components by operating arrays, the state of the remaining components is not preserved. Solution to the problem (method of dynamically setting unique key value)
- org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unsupported encoding:
- R language – path setting and working directory modification
- TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for *: ‘range‘ and ‘int‘
- firefox ssl_error_unsupported_version
- ERROR Unsupported method AndroidProject.getVariantNames().
- Solve the problem of docker error: Unsupported compose file version: 3.2
- ERROR: Unsupported method: AndroidProject.getVariantNames().
- [Elasticsearch] es 7.12 Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters: _all
- Error 13 when grub starts: solving the problem of invalid or unsupported executable
- Java retainAll throws an unsupported operation exception record
- VBoxClient (seamless): failed to start. Stage: Setting guest IRQ filter mas Error: VERR_INTERNAL_ERR