The following about says it all. I have tried SysRes from both sides and failed.
System Restore did not complete successfully. Your computer’s system files and
The settings have not changed.
System restore fails when restoring a directory from a restore point.
An unspecified error occurred during system recovery. (0 x80070091)
The two attempts come from:Select different recovery points to show more backups of the recovery point type. I really need this function to work. Is there a solution?
Renaming the folder WindowsApps, restarting the system and trying system recovery should fix the problem.
1. Download an iso image file of Win10 (the official original). 2. use ultraiso to write the image to U disk (method baidu) 3. Use the boot sequence provided by the BIOS to switch, boot from the USB flash drive, and wait patiently. 4. After selecting the language next, on the second screen in the lower left corner, tap "Repair Computer (R)", tap "Troubleshooting", tap "Command Line Prompt". Typing in the order. c: cd "Program Files" md "WindowsApps-" xcopy "WindowsApps" "WindowsApps-" /s /e /y /h rd "WindowsApps" Close the command line window, click "Troubleshooting", click "System Restore", and then execute OK.
I described a solution Windows 10 1607 version:System recovery error 0x80070091 [fixed] here.
Add:This issue seems to have been fixed in the Windows 10 creator update. There is a batch file to fix this issue. For more information, see:
Message about System Recovery Error 0x80070091.
From:https://answers.microsoft.com/en – us/windows/forum/windows_10 update/win – 10 – system-restore-failure- 0 – x80070091/7f690ec3 a3da – 4 – c14 – 90 – fd – 3 – eb0ba83f4ac
- Upgrade/reinstall win10 system–prompt the solution to fail to verify the key
- module ‘win32com.gen_py.00020813-0000-0000-C000-000000000046x0x1x9‘ has no attribute ‘CLSIDToClassMa
- Visual SVN server provider failed to perform the attempted operation 0x80041024 after win7 upgraded win10
- Solution to the error of win7 & win10 shared printer 0x000000709
- Solution to prompt “system group policy forbids installation of this device” in win10 system
- Win7 and Ubuntu dual system, start error: no such partition grub rescue
- Win10 system virtual machine installation of Ubuntu system failed, prompt: UBI language failed with exit code 1
- win7 error code 0x80070522
- Win10 system [createfile() error: 5] problem solving
- The solution of OpenGL not displaying normally in win7 system
- Win10 can not open the picture, file system error (- 214721996) repair method
- Installation and problems of texlive2017 in win10 system
- Win7_ Dim-00019 appears after x64 installation of Oracle11g
- How to Solve Win10 0x8007007E Error (OPC Component)
- Installing xgboost in anaconda is based on win10 32 / 64 bit system
- RuntimeError: Expected hidden size (x, x, x), got(x, x, x)
- Chinese garbled fonts in win10 English system
- The experience of installing OpenGL in vs2017 under win7 system
- Win7 system build PHP + MySQL + Apache environment + deploy ECSHOP project
- Win32ctypes. Pywin32. Pywintypes. Error: (2 ‘loadlibraryex’,’the system can’t find the specified file. ‘)