RHEL 7 installs Oracle RAC 126.96.36.199, executes root.sh and reports an error ohasd failed to start
Error reporting reason:
Because RHEL 7 uses SYSTEMd instead of initd to run and restart processes, while root.sh runs ohad processes through traditional initd.
in RHEL 7, ohasd needs to be set as a service before running the script root.sh
the steps are as follows:
1. Create service file as root user [[email protected] ~]# touch /usr/lib/systemd/system/ohas.service [[email protected] ~]# chmod 777 /usr/lib/systemd/system/ohas.service 2. Add the following to the newly created ohas.service file [[email protected] init.d]# cat /usr/lib/systemd/system/ohas.service [Unit] Description=Oracle High Availability Services After=syslog.target [Service] ExecStart=/etc/init.d/init.ohasd run >/dev/null 2>&1 Type=simple Restart=always [Install] WantedBy=multi-user.target 3. Run the following command as root user systemctl daemon-reload systemctl enable ohas.service systemctl start ohas.service 4. View running status [[email protected] init.d]# systemctl status ohas.service
Run root.sh after the service is up
if the ohad failed to start error is still reported, it may be that ohas.service does not start immediately after init.ohad is created by the root.sh script. Refer to the following for solutions:
When running root.sh, refresh/etc/init. D until the init.ohasd file appears. Start ohas.service manually immediately. The service command is systemctl start ohas.service
- [Solved] failed to start remount root and kernel file system
- CentOS/RHEL 7: How to Reinstall GRUB2 from Rescue Mode (EFI)
- Linux First Install oracle Start Error [How to Solve]
- [Solved] Ubuntu 20.04.3 Fail to Start sshd Error: Failed to start OpenBSD Secure Shell server
- [Solved] Virtual machine Failed to restart network Error: Error:Failed to start LSB: Bring up/down networking
- Install and start the tftp-server server and possible solutions to Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart xinetd.service problems
- How to Solve Oracle startup monitoring error
- CentOS7 Failed to start LSB: Bring up/down networking [How to Solve]
- Virtual machine failed to start network service error: ob for network.service failed because the control process exited with error code
- [Solved] Centos7 firewalld startup error: Failed to start firewalld.service: Unit is masked.
- linux use sh execute source error [How to Solve]
- [Solved] VMware error: The module “PhysMem” failed to start.
- [FAILED] Failed to start Raise network interfaces
- Error report after installing Oracle GoldenGate monitor agent oggmon-20603
- [Solved] Web server failed to start. Port 8080 was already in use.
- [Solved] Failed to start LSB: Bring up/down networking
- [Solved] shc -f xxx.sh shc: invalid first line in scrip
- How to Fix Oracle listener error Linux error: 111: connection reused
- [Solved] Linux Error: Failed to start bean ‘webServerStartStop‘; nested exception is org.springframework.
- Windows writes shell script and executes shell error [Solved]