when I use
hexo deploy and similar operations, I often see an error message
ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device. How does this work, not
0 errors,0 warnings work?The solution to this problem is documented here.
Ubuntu knows that not everyone will perform graphical logins on the root account, so in the default
.profile file it is set to generate a false error in this case. As you can see, there is a line at the end of the
mesg n || true
what is this?This is to prevent programs like
talk from writing to your console, which is especially important if you are logging into your root account via a text session.
|| true is to prevent an error when the request for tty fails from causing the shell script to abort.
put this sentence in the
.profile file, which allows you to execute this sentence every time you run bash. When you run from a painting without a TTY device, you will see an error, and this will not affect other programs, just a message will be displayed.
is harmless, but it’s not comfortable to see the error message all the time, so get rid of it.
/root/. Profile file
mesg n || true to the following.
tty -s && mesg n || true
mesg not to send a message when there is no tty, but to continue calling when there is one. Now you can see that
ttyname failed: impatient ioctl for device.
- ioctl,unlocked_ ioctl,compat_ The difference between IOCTL
- About VMware: vmw_ ioctl_ Command error invalid argument. Solution
- Ubuntu cannot access USB device, failed to create a proxy device for the USB device
- linux/tensorflow: failed call to cuDevicePrimaryCtxRetain: CUDA_ERROR_INVALID_DEVICE
- Failed to dlsym make_device: undefined symbol: make_device
- Error:Connection activation Failed: no suitable device found for this connection solution
- Tensorflow 2.1.0 error resolution: failed call to cuinit: CUDA_ ERROR_ NO_ DEVICE: no CUDA-capable device is detected
- The solution of default boot device missing or boot failed appears on the blue screen of Lenovo xiaoxinchao 7000
- Alpine Linux executable file crash report error / lib / x86 not found_ 64 Linux GNU / libc.so solution
- device no response, device descriptor read/64, error -71
- Kali Linux exploit failed [unreachable]: Rex: connectiontimeout solution
- Linux boot prompt “failed to initialize Hal!” solution
- The solution of “failed to load ldlinux. C32” in Linux system
- launch failed.Binary Not found in Linux / Ubuntu solution
- Solution to device or resource busy error in docker redeployment service
- 【Linux】psql: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user “username” Error and Solution
- The solution of no space left on device always appears when using TF’s debug tool (tfdbg)
- After installing MySQL again under Linux, the solution of ‘MySQL module failed to start’ appears
- Linux use ls to view the file color is all white solution, and Linux file color introduction
- com.android.ddmlib . adbcommandrejectedexception: device offline error while installing APK solution