Recently, I encountered a problem. When I redeployed a service in docker, I failed to start the service after executing the SH start.sh command or docker compose up – D command, and reported a device or resource busy error.
Then I docker PS a look, good guy, not only failed to start, the service is not available yet
this is because when docker is deployed, all the original things will be RM repeated and then rebuilt. Well, the deletion was successful, but the deployment was not started successfully.
Take a look at the error reported at that time:
failed to remove root filesystem for 9b13c255d03757c456651506ada5566a5b5e5a87b851e3621dcejf823: remove /var/lib/docker/overlay/9b13c255d03757c456651506adaa2fb660f75a5b5e5a87b851e3621dce0a368d/merged: device or resource busy
Device or resource busy, which means that the device or resource is busy and you can’t delete it.
Then I went to the/var/lib/docker/overlay/9b13c255d03757c756651506adaa2fb660f75a5b5e5a87b851e3621dce0a368d/merged directory. It was empty and could not be deleted manually.
terms of settlement
1. Find the processes occupying this directory
Command: grep ID/proc/*/mounts
examples are as follows:
After executing the command, it is obvious that two processes are using it:
/proc/25086/mounts:overlay /data0/docker/overlay2/9b13c255d03757c456651506adaa2fb660f75a5b5e5a87b851e3621dce0a368d /merged overlayrw,relatime,lowerdir=/data0/docker/overlay2/l/F4BQHNVPHGRKWXFRUIHXUMAHZ2:/data0/docker/overlay2/l/..... /proc/25065/mounts:overlay /data0/docker/overlay2/9b13c255d03757c456651506adaa2fb660f75a5b5e5a87b851e3621dce0a368d /merged overlayrw,relatime,lowerdir=/data0/docker/overlay2/l/......
2. Kill the process
Command: Kill – 9 process ID
examples are as follows:
kill – 9 25086
kill – 9 25065
Note: it is important to see whether some processes can be deleted directly. If they are deleted all at once, it will be bad in case other services are affected.
3. Continue to delete the directory. The operation is successful
Command: RM – RF error file path
RM – RF/var/lib/docker/overlay/9b13c255d03757c456651506adaa2fb660f75a5b5e5a87b851e3621dce0a368d/merged
After deleting the directory file, re execute the SH start.sh or docker compose up – D command to start the service, and the start is successful!
- fusermount: failed to unmount : Device or resource busy
- ROS problem: vidioc_ S_ FMT error 16, Device or resource busy
- User space operation GPIO error echo: write error: device or resource busy error resolution
- Raspberry Pi USB drive-free camera error libv4l2: error setting pixformat: Device or resource busy, etc.
- Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked, rmdir ‘
- Error: EBUSY: resource busy or locked
- systemctl start docker Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error
- nt service 1072 No need to restart, repeat the method of installing the service program or service driver
- When docker starts tomcat, the access port of the container displays 404, and the source server fails to find the representation of the target resource or is unwilling to disclose an existing one
- Failed to start docker.service : unit not found
- docker：Failed to add /run/systemd/ask-password to directory watch: No space left on device
- The apple mobile device service failed to start. Error 1053 is resolved
- docker service Failed to get D-Bus connection: Operation not permitted
- php_ network_ Getaddresses: getaddressinfo failed: name or service not known solution
- Docker service start, restart, close command
- Solution to the error of @ resource annotation in eclipse spring
- Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See systemctl sta
- Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable)
- CentOS 8.1 solution to error in executing #systemctl restart network.service
- Ubuntu cannot access USB device, failed to create a proxy device for the USB device