Although there are many solutions to this problem on the Internet, I have decided to repeat the solution myself, repeating the new function of VMware workstation 15 in repetition of the knowledge.
when a virtual machine for centos7.x series system is cloned using VMware workstation, whether the link clone or the complete clone, it is very likely that the following network card will not boot:
note: this is not a problem in VMware workstation 15 for current workstation testing, and I will explain why not and why I am writing for this article later in this post.
1 ifup ens33 2 3 Error:Connection activation failed: No suitable device found for this connection
the problem occurs because MAC addresses are the same, resulting in conflicts
clone virtual machine, default its network card MAC address is still the previous template machine MAC, so the MAC address will conflict, when the system USES NetworkManager to manage the network card
NetworkManager does not allow MAC addresses to be the same, which leads to the network card directly unable to get up, but centos6.x does not because it USES the network for management. 1. If you do not plan to use NetworkManager, simply close the NetworkManager
1 systemctl stop NetworkManager # 停止NetworkManager 2 systemctl mask NetworkManager # 禁用NetworkManager，类似Windows的禁用 3 systemctl disable NetworkManager # 开机不启动
2. Change MAC address
1) delete the previous network card directly through the virtual machine management interface of VMware workstation, add again, or click advanced, modify the MAC address and template machine are different, as shown in the figure below:
2) then start the system, modify the network card configuration file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ ifcfg-xxx
The parameter HWADDR in
= new nic MAC
3) if there is a 70-persistent net-rules file under /etc/udev/rules.d/ directory, then change the MAC address of the network card inside to the new network card MAC
why is it that if /etc/udev/rules.d/ exists under the 70-persistent net.rules file?
because if the CentOS7 system is installed in the kernel with net.ifnames=0 biosdevname=0, that means not CentOS7 network card naming rules, but the traditional
eth0… Ethn does not have this file on the system by default, but it still exists on any other installed system, even though it has been changed to the traditional network card naming rules again after installation.
- Solution summary of VMware network card without IP and failure to start network card (continuous update)
- A new virtual machine cannot be connected to the network (error fetching interface information device not found),
- 【Q&A】Failed to start LSB: Bring up/down networking
- Fatal IO error 11
- VMware Workstation failed to recover error: (VMX) exception 0xc0000006 (disk error while paging) has
- Quickly solve the problem of Vmware virtual machine “\\.\Global\vmx86”: the system cannot find the specified file
- How to Fix Install VMware Tools Grayed out Issues 2022
- Ubuntu network configuration+Fixing “Failed to bring up eth0” in Ubuntu
- [Solved] VMware Workstation startup error: Unable to open kernel device…
- The solution to the problem that the virtual machine and the host SSH can’t connect on vmvare
- linux VMware Unable to change virtual machine power state: Internal error
- VirtualBox Failed to start LSB:Bring up/down Networking problem
- VMware imports an external virtual machine and displays system error: (unknown exception). Wrong solution
- The most complete solution for service network restart failure under CENTOS 7
- VMware virtual machine installation of vmware tools, VMware shared folder location
- Solution to restart without showing eth0 connection after installing virtual machine
- Determining IP information for eth0… failed; no link present. Check cable?
- (Virtual machine monitor failed and Virtual ethernet failed)
- VMware Workstation unrecoverable error: (vcpu-0) c.382
- Forced shutdown of VMware wrokstation error (failed to get exclusive lock on the configuration file —)