Recently, It was found that Windows Update (hereinafter referred to as WU) always prompts 80244019 error when checking for updates (as shown in the figure below). Notice the prompt “Managed by your system Administrator” at the bottom of the window. It is preliminarily estimated that WU could not connect to Microsoft Update due to the group policy deployed by domain control on all computers.
Check Online for Updates from Microsoft Update link. This should be another way to deal with the failure of connecting to Microsoft updates. WU started searching for updates after clicking on the link.
But doing so each time is cumbersome, as the domain controller must have modified some location in the registry when deploying the group policy to make it unusable for WU. So finding them and fixing them should solve the problem. Look around in the Policy and find something WindowsUpdate.
1. Click WindowsUpdate, and if domaincontrol has deployed WSUS, its Settings will be shown here: WUServer, WUStatusServer, both of which say WSUS server address in the domain, without saying delete (first backup is best, don’t be too bold…) .
2. Let’s take a look at what’s in the AU below WindowsUpdate, which also holds parameters for group policy Settings. Especially UseWUServer, which is supposed to tell WU where to find Windows updates, just set its Data to “0”.
Reboot to see what happens. WU is back to his old self:
3. In fact, compared with a non-domain computer, if the group policy has not been modified, there is no WindowsUpdate directory in the registry, that is to say, it is ok to delete all [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows \WindowsUpdate]. The fact proves that there is no problem with all deletion. Attach a Reg for deletion.
- About how to solve the 8050800c error when Windows Update updates the definition of Windows Defender
- windows update error 0x8024401c
- Windows 7 system update failed – WindowsUpdate_ 800B0100
- Solution to 800b0001 failure of Windows Update
- Windows update has an error code_ 800700C1
- Using dism to fix Windows Update errors
- Go to: windows update error 0x800703ed possible solutions
- Windows update error 8024401c – one of the solutions
- runtime error program:c :\windows\ explorer.exe (appears after installing the win8 security update) why?
- Composer update encountered “Script php artisan optimize handling the post-update-cmd event returne when upgrading laravel
- About node error NPM update check failed try running with sudo or get access to the local update
- 8024401c cannot be updated, update failed, update error
- Memory leak in Windows 8.1 with Killer E2200 and Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring
- For the installation of anaconda3 in manjaro system, after the update (CONDA update — all), the terminal prompts an error and cannot execute CONDA related commands
- Installing Windows Identity Foundation on Windows 8 – The Certificate for the signer of the message …
- Resolve the problem of “event ID 4107” or “event ID 11” errors recorded in the application logs of windows and windows server
- Python windows error: [error 3] and common windows error errors
- WSL 2 needs to update its kernel components
- WARNING:tensorflow:`add_update` `inputs` kwarg has been deprecated.
- How to update Spyder under Anaconda?