Recently upgraded to a new computer with Intel’s latest Haswell generation and Microsoft Windows 8.1. Although its performance has been stellar, a few days ago unexpectedly ran into severely degraded performance.
Saw in the Task Manager that all available memory was taken up by the Non-Paged Pool. After a system reboot the memory used by the Non-Paged Pool quickly started to increase until all memory was taken.
Looked up what information could fine online about memory leaks in Windows 8.1 and came upon this forum post in which others detailed similar experiences when using Windows 8 on hardware equipped with Qualcomm’s Killer ethernet networking products.
The actual cause of the memory leak seems to be the Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver service which in combination with a Killer network driver starts to fill up the Non-Paged Pool memory.
Considering that my MSI H87-G43 Gaming motherboard is equipped with the Killer Ethernet E2200 and am using the Killer Network Manager driver, knew it had to be the same cause.
Applied the suggested fix of altering the registry key value of the “Start” entry to 4 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu\ to disable the Windows Network Data Usage Monitor Driver from starting and after a reboot the issue seems properly solved!
- The difference, cause and solution of memory overflow and memory leak
- Windows Realtek USB wireless network card boot failure Rtlihvs. DLL module stop problem
- Network card problem: Unable to initialize Windows Sockets interface
- Android avoids memory leak: reasonable use of getcontext() and getapplication ()
- About how to solve the 8050800c error when Windows Update updates the definition of Windows Defender
- Beego method to find memory leak get memprof
- Installing Windows Identity Foundation on Windows 8 – The Certificate for the signer of the message …
- Resolve the problem of “event ID 4107” or “event ID 11” errors recorded in the application logs of windows and windows server
- Windows FTP Error 425: Unable to build data connection
- Failed to write output file ‘C:’ windows\ Microsoft.NET \Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\106f9ae8\cc0e1
- Python windows error: [error 3] and common windows error errors
- Solution — windows 2012 installation Framework 3.5 in VMWare
- Error 1045 (28000) access denied for user ‘root’ @’localhost ‘appears in MySQL under Windows system
- Solution to the error of ODBC driver in windows installation of Postgres database
- Running course of Kafka in Windows Environment
- Install. Net Framework 3.5 error 0x800f0950 in Windows 10
- Solve the problem of Python in Windows environment: Fatal error in launcher: Unable to create process using’”‘ in pip installation
- Solution of visdom startup failure in Windows 10
- Configuring OpenGL environment with code blocks16.0 in Windows 10
- Error during connect when installing docker in Windows 10