Just a very quick note here, in case you’re struggling to get Windows Identity Foundation installed on your Win8 development machine.
Have you been setting up another development machine for Azure development on Windows 8, and have run into a problem installing the Windows Identity Framework? Yeah, me too. The error message is “Windows Update Standalone Installer. Installer encountered an error 0x80096002. The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found.”
The short answer is that WIF is managed on Windows 8 using the “Turn Windows Features On and Off”. You can get that by:
1. Punch that Windows key!
2. Type “Windows Features” and make sure you’ve chosen to search “Settings” from the search pane.
3. Click on “Turn Windows features on or off”
4. Check the box next to “Windows Identity Framework 3.5” (and yes, this supports .NET 3.5 and 4.0 applications).
5. Press “OK” and let setup do it’s thing.
- How to handle error 2755 when installing software under windows
- Countermeasures for Error 1935 when installing MATLAB under Windows 10
- windows live mail error message
- Installing Theano ：Windows Installation Instructions
- Error of oracel VM installing Windows Server 2012
- Error in installing paddlenlp on pip on Windows
- Installing PyQt4 in Windows + Python 3.6
- Record of solving the failure of installing ie11 (9c59) under 64 bit Windows 7 system
- Error during connect when installing docker in Windows 10
- Windows encountered 1152 when installing software: error extracting files to the temporary location
- Memory leak in Windows 8.1 with Killer E2200 and Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring
- runtime error program:c :\windows\ explorer.exe (appears after installing the win8 security update) why?
- Error installing NX10.0 in win10. Tip: ZeroGu6: Windows DLL failed to load
- About how to solve the 8050800c error when Windows Update updates the definition of Windows Defender
- Linux — windows connection CentOS xrdp error message (login failed for display 0)
- About installing SQL server 0 in Windows 10 20h2 × 84bb0001 is one of the solutions
- Error starting desktop problem when installing matlab on windows7
- Error in installing canal server for windows
- Resolve the problem of “event ID 4107” or “event ID 11” errors recorded in the application logs of windows and windows server
- Installing sklearn (scikit learn) module related to Python machine learning in Windows