WINDOWS 7 : SYSPREP 3.14 : A FATAL ERROR HAS OCCURRED DURING SYSPREP.
Firstly, run this command on command prompt slmgr. vbs /dlv
Then check the re-arm counter value, if it’s 0 and you sysprep you will receive errors in the setupact.log and setuperr.log files like these:
Error [0x0f00a8] SYSPRP WinMain: Hit failure while processing sysprep generalize providers; hr = 0xc004d307
Error [0x0f0073] SYSPRP RunExternalDlls:Not running DLLs; either the machine is in an invalid state or we couldn’t update the recorded state, dwRet = 31
Error [0x0f0082] SYSPRP LaunchDll: Failure occurred while executing ‘C:\Windows\System32\slc. dll, SLReArmWindows’, returned error code -1073425657
Error [0x0f0070] SYSPRP RunExternalDlls: An error occurred while running registry sysprep DLLs, halting sysprep execution. dwRet = -1073425657
Open regedit and look for:
Set to value: 2
Set to value: 7
And Run these command on elevated command prompt:
msdtc -uninstall (wait a few seconds)
msdtc -install (wait a few seconds)
Reboot the system.
If this does not work, then last option is Windows Product Activation (WPA) vulnerability that was introduced in Windows 7
When the WPA registry key is deleted, the status of Windows 7 is re-initiated to the Initial Grace Period as if Windows 7 has just been installed. The deletion of the WPA registry key is achieved via the following method.
· Create a .bat file with following text and place it in C:, like C:\Reset.bat
reg load HKLM\MY_SYSTEM “%~dp0Windows\System32\config\system”
reg delete HKLM\MY_SYSTEM\WPA /f
reg unload HKLM\MY_SYSTEM
· Restart the computer.
· Press F8 right after the BIOS screen to get to the “Advanced Boot Options” and Select Repair Your Computer.
· Select your keyboard input method, and click next.
· Enter user name and password login credentials for local Admin user, and continue
· In the “System Recovery Options”, open Command Prompt.
· Run the Reset.bat file from C:
· Restart the computer.
The system will be moved to grace period after the reboot.
- A fatal error occurred while trying to Sysprep the machine
- A fatal error occurred while trying to sysprep the computer system
- Error: could not create the Java virtual machine Error:A Fatal exception has occurred
- Error: could not create the Java virtual machine. Error: a fatal exception has occurred
- Error:Could not create the Java Virtical Machine. Error: A fatal exception has occurred. program
- Successful solution of eclipse startup error Error:Could not create the Java Virtual Machine Error:A fatal exception has occurred
- Repair connection: an internal error has occurred in windowsserver2016
- An error occurred while Windows was synchronizing with *.*.*.*
- Start flume agent and the solution of “a fatal error occurred while running” appears
- Windows update has an error code_ 800700C1
- register ASP.NET An error has occurred: 0x8007b799
- A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
- esp32:A fatal error occurred: Timed out waiting for packet header
- Memory leak in Windows 8.1 with Killer E2200 and Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring
- Failed to upload report – An error has occurred. Please contact your administrator
- [How to fix] Windows 10 setup has failed to validate the product key
- A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Timed out waiting for packet header
- Java command line uses a JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
- The sharepoint2010 site cannot open a solution that displays an “an unexpected error has occurred” error
- [ABAP] sproxy opens ESR and reports an error has occurred during communication ESR