How to Disassemble/Assemble Galaxy S4 for Screen/Parts Repair!
Download this video for viewing in HD on your smartphone or computer.
Click Here to Download High-Quality HD video to your Smartphone or Computer.
This video was brought to you by AndroidRoot.org. Click Here to See at AndroidRoot.org
For those of you who need to repair your Galaxy S4 for either LCD screen replacement or parts replacement (such as fixing broken micro USB port, camera, etc…etc…), here’s a video tutorial that shows you how to easily disassemble and re-assemble your Galaxy S4.
You will need:
Plastic tool or guitar pick
Step 1. Unscrew the 9 visible screws.
Step 2. Start near the volume rockers and insert your plastic tool/guitar pick in between the screen and the frame.
Step 3. Carefully slide your plastic tool along the edges until the frame pops off.
Step 4. To take the motherboard out, make sure you pop off connectors as shown below.
Step 5. There’s one black screw on top right that holds the motherboard, unscrew it.
Step 6. Carefully pull the motherboard out, it should pop out easily. If you need to replace the camera on the Galaxy S4, you can simply pop it off the motherboard and replace with a new one.
Step 7. If you are replacing the screen/digitizer, you will need to pull out the sensors at the top, the vibrating motor (on left side) and also the 3.5mm headphone jack on top right.
You might also have to take the bottom USB board out.
Step 8. Once you’ve replaced your screen/digitizer or other parts, you can easily re-assemble your Galaxy S4 starting with the motherboard.
Step 9. Nicely pop the motherboard back in place.
Step 10. Re-connect all the connectors you poped off and make sure you connect the blue wire from the USB board.
Next screw the black screw back on the top right.
Step 11. It’s time to put the frame back on, carefully place on top of your phone. It should nicely fit and you will hear popping sounds and the frame gets put back on.
Make sure there’s no spaces in between the screen and the frame.
Step 12. Screw all the 9 screws back.
Step 13. Insert your SIM card and your battery, then turn on your phone. Once turned on, test your video camera, audio recording, sound, bluetooth, and wifi. Make sure they are all working. If for some reason it doesn’t work, you will have to re-disassemble and check your connections.
Overall, disassembling the Galaxy S4 is a pretty easy process so long as you have a #00 screw driver and some type of plastic tool so you don’t leave nicks and scratches.
When disassembling your Galaxy S4, we highly recommend you to have a LOT of time on your hands and you do it slowly if this is the first time you are disassembling a smartphone. Otherwise, this is something any one can do.
Need Help?Follow/add me on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter!
Want to stay updated on latest Galaxy S4 Root news?
Sign up for our Galaxy S4 Root Newsletter here so you get ROM of the week and more!
Galaxy S4 Reference
You will need a rooted Galaxy S4 to install all ROM/kernels.
NOTE: THE AUTHOR OF THIS SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE, PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS TWICE BEFORE TRYING IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME TO ROOTING AND CUSTOM ROMS!
First time to rooting and custom ROMs?
Please see our
Galaxy S4 Root FAQ FIRST!!!
- Reading and saving opencv Python video
- ROS problem: vidioc_ S_ FMT error 16, Device or resource busy
- picamera.exc.PiCameraMMALError: Failed to enable connection: Out of resource
- VIDEOIO ERROR: V4L: can’t open camera by index 0
- How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7100)
- Screen Overlay Detected
- About the reason why the Raspberry Pi raspistill command cannot find the camera
- GPU hardware acceleration related problems, solve flash screen
- Rockchip sends Mipi 0x32 command
- How to root Motorola G6 play
- Raspberry Pi USB drive-free camera error libv4l2: error setting pixformat: Device or resource busy, etc.
- Graphics rendering pipeline diagram of OpenGL
- Nexus 5x unlock bootloader + root
- Why fan error appears in ThinkPad Lenovo IBM notebook
- ROS package ROS_ astra_ Camera cannot open RGB lens
- Practice — CSS3 — frame animation to achieve special effects
- Error in ffmpeg decoding real-time stream “non existing PPS 0 referenced, decode”_ slice_ header error,no frame!”
- Unexpected error while observing UI hierarchy
- After adb is connected to an android phone, remount failed: operation not permitted when adb remount is a roundabout solution
- NVIDIA aegis handheld machine root tutorial