GConf Error:Unable to reach configuration server workaround
GConf Error:Unable to contact configuration server; some possible reasons are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or have an old NFS lock due to a system crash. For information, see http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/. (Details- 1:IOR file ‘/tmp/gconfd-chris/lock/ IOR ‘Not open, no such file or directory found 2:IOR file ‘/tmp/gconfd-chris/lock/ IOR ‘Not open, no such file or directory found’)
GConf Error: contact configuration server failed; some possible reasons are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or have old NFS locks due to a system crash. For information, see http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/. (Details- 1:IOR file ‘/tmp/gconfd-chris/lock/ IOR ‘not open, no such file or directory found; 2:IOR file ‘/tmp/gconfd-chris/lock/ IOR not open, no such file or directory found)
Some on the Internet say it was because of the execution of this order.
#chmod -R 0777 /tmp
Not on my machine, it’s a result of manually upgrading glibc2.7 according to the default path.
# rm – r *user*
Then delete the .gnome2 and .gnome folders from the user’s home directory.
- Remember once to solve the problem that Ubuntu 18.04 can’t enter GUI
- Debian using networking to restart the network can not start the solution of network card
- “Failed to load session” Ubuntu “problem solving summary
- linux startx problem
- NPM installation module encountered enoent: no such file or directory, rename error
- Using xrdp to realize windows remote desktop Ubuntu Linux
- Idea | change the default configuration of idea to open a new project
- Ubuntu network configuration+Fixing “Failed to bring up eth0” in Ubuntu
- unable to read askpass response from ‘/usr/libexec/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass
- Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace
- Invalid host header error in Vue using peanut shell agent
- Fatal: unable to create ‘project_ path/.git/ index.lock ‘: File exists.
- Vs error prompt: “unable to open source file XXXX. H” possible reasons and Solutions
- Insufficient space in the root directory causes the state of the managed server to become FAILED_NOT_RESTARTABLE
- JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked.
- Centos 7 | mariadb/mysql | [ERROR] InnoDB: Unable to lock ./ibdata1 error: 11
- Error occurs when configuring nginx installation information. / configure: error: the HTTP rewrite module requires the PCRE library. You can
- Can’t open display: can’t open display: localhost:10.0
- The web project removal server reports an error, and the web project in eclipse cannot be automatically deployed to Tomcat
- An error occurred when starting Tomcat in Eclipse: the sub container failed to start