When trying to connect to an Access .mdb file, an ODBC error is returned stating “Disk or Network Error”. The Microsoft OLE DB Provider for the Microsoft Jet database engine may also return an “Unspecified error” (error code = 0x80004005) message.
The problem can occur only when the data source is opened under the Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) or a Microsoft Windows NT service but not under a logged-on user account.
Jet creates a temporary file when the engine is started. In doing so, it first checks the TMP environment variable and uses that path to define where the temporary file is created. If it doesn’t see a TMP environment variable, it looks for the TEMP environment variable. If TEMP is not defined, it then uses the Windows folder (/WINDOWS or /WINNT).
If TMP/TEMP is defined but points to a nonexistent folder, the error occurs.
Moreover, when opening the Access database through IIS or a Windows NT service, and when IIS or the service is running under the local system account, the TMP or TEMP system environment variable is used. When the Web services or Windows NT service are started using a user account, the TMP/TEMP user profile environment variables is used.
Define a TMP or TEMP environment variable and assign the variable to an existing folder. If you are accessing the Access database from IIS, be certain to check the system environment settings rather than environment variables of the logged-on user. Also ensure that the IUSER anonymous IIS account has access to the temporary folder.
You must restart the computer after changing any environment variables.
Environment variables are set under Windows NT 4.0 by going to the Control Panel and clicking System and then selecting the Environment tab.
- Notes: Windows Python installation and removal error 2203 / 2502 / 2503
- Internal error 2203 C:\windows\Installer
- Solution to command line option syntax error. Type command /? For help
- Failed to write output file ‘C:’ windows\ Microsoft.NET \Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\106f9ae8\cc0e1
- MS SQL Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user ‘domain\login’, error code 0x5. [SQ…
- Solution to Starting Fault of routing and remote access service (16389 (0x4005))
- Solving the problem of can’t create temporary directory of CVS under Windows
- Microsoft edge was unable to log in. Error code: 3,15, – 2147023579
- VBA “user defined type not defined” MSXML2.DOMDocument
- How to use it RegAsm.exe Register C in a development / production environment#/ VB.NET Developed DLL
- The process of solving Intellij IDEA can’t load jvm DLL error at a time
- 【Unity 3D】Because you are not a member of this project this build will not access Unity services.
- Error: Exception was raised when calling per-thread-terminate function in extension lrwreplaymain.dl
- SQL Server import MDF and LDF files appear: unable to open physical file “D:\ XX.mdf “。 Operating system error 5: “5 (access denied. ）”Solutions
- Windows encountered 1152 when installing software: error extracting files to the temporary location
- SQL server error 15404 solution
- The underlying provider failed on open problem solving
- Visual Studio 2005 — Error code 1603 for this component means “Fatal error during installation.
- [Unity] Solve the problem of IOException: Failed to Copy… in Unity packaging apk
- 451 4.7.0 temporary server error. Please try again later. Prx5