You can run apps that you’ve downloaded directly from the internet that aren’t registered with Apple. You just have to give the OK.
- After downloading an app from an unidentified developer, drag it to the Applicationsfolder. Select the app and right or control-click. Click on Open. Click on Open again to confirm you want to complete the action.
Opening an app from unidentified developer with a right or control-click overrides Gatekeeper for that specific app. From now on, you’ll always be able to open it without having to go through the process again.
How to reinstate the Anywhere setting in Gatekeeper
If the thought of having to right or control-click to open apps from unidentified developers seems arduous and tiresome, you can turn back time with Gatekeeper and bring back the ability to open apps from anywhere. All it takes is a bit of coding in Terminal.
- Close System Preferences on your Mac. Open Terminal. Type the following command: sudo spctl –master-disable Hit enter on your keyboard. Enter your administrator password. Hit enter on your keyboard.
Gatekeeper’s “Anywhere” setting will now be restored. It will also be selected by default. You can confirm the changes by opening System Preferences and selecting Security & Privacy.
If you ever want to enable the macOS Sierra Gatekeeper settings again, type sudo spctl –master-enable into Terminal.
- Several ways for Ubuntu to open command line terminal window
- “ XX.app ”It is damaged and cannot be opened. You should move it to the wastebasket.
- Solutions to the lack of minimize and maximize buttons in CentOS Chrome browser
- Win7 and Ubuntu dual system, start error: no such partition grub rescue
- Wireless network solution of deepin Linux network card driver (manual) installation
- Ms- settings:personalization-background terms of settlement
- Win10 must be optimized after installation to solve 100% disk occupation
- Win10 desktop right click display settings MS- settings:display Or Ms- settings:personalization-background resolvent
- Solution to Apple Wireless Mouse, keyboard or touchpad can not be recognized by MAC
- Ubuntu 12.04 installation and use of airtrack ng tutorial
- How to run Python program directly with atom
- Ubuntu 16.04 install Chinese input method
- Mac — Open keyboard F1 – F12 function key
- Solution — windows 2012 installation Framework 3.5 in VMWare
- Eclipse reset annotation shortcuts
- One of the methods to solve registry error while deleting key
- Nexus 5x unlock bootloader + root
- Error after JDK reassembly: Error:opening registry key ‘Software/JavaSoft/JRE’
- How to solve the error after Java importing project
- MacOS Catalina (system): xcrun: error: invalid active developer path(), missing xcrun at / Library