ICloud Drive is a very useful feature that makes it easy to share files and documents between your devices (including other Macs, iPhones, and iPads) by automatically synchronizing and copying files between devices, so you should only disable iCloud Drive if you don’t have it enabled. So how to disable the iCloud drive on the Mac, there is a need for friends to welcome the reference!
Please note that this is disabling iCloud Drive completely on the Mac, not just disabling the iCloud desktop and documents that only store these two directories in iCloud.
Before attempting this step, make sure your Mac has a valid Internet connection.
The specific methods are as follows
1. Go to the Apple icon in the menu bar and select “System Preferences”.
2. Select “iCloud Settings”.
3. Uncheck the iCloud drive next to this check box.
4. Make sure to disable the iCloud drive and remove the iCloud files from your Mac.
You now have two options to choose what you want to do with your iCloud file.
Keep a copy – This keeps a downloaded copy of the iCloud files on the Mac. This option is recommended if you want to access the files offline later. This option works for most Mac users.
Delete from Mac – Selecting this option will remove all files from the iCloud drive on your Mac, and you will no longer be able to access these files on your computer.
5. Once you have selected the desired options, exit System Preferences on your Mac.
When you close the iCloud drive on your Mac, you’ll notice that the iCloud options disappear from the sidebar of the Finder, as well as from the Dock or anywhere else on your system. This is because you have completely disabled iCloud Drive from your Mac. You will not be able to save, copy, move, or upload files from your Mac on your iCloud drive.
To re-enable iCloud Drive, go back to System Preferences and select the iCloud Drive box.
- How to Disable Protected View in Microsoft Excel
- How to disable Network Manager on Linux
- How to Disable Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address
- [Solved] VUE Error: “You may use special comments to disable some warnings.Use // eslint-disable-next-line to …
- Google cloud disk: too many users have recently viewed or downloaded this file. Please try to access this file later. （How to Bypass Google Drive Download Limit (Quota Exceeded) Error）
- Mac: how to show hidden files under Apple Mac operating system
- How to delete Microsoft AutoUpdate from Mac
- Mac & how to uninstall LANDesk
- Solution to error 1327 invalid drive
- How to delete software completely on MAC
- How to register spotify music converter for Mac?
- How to open Ctrl + Alt + delete in MAC virtual machine
- How to Use spatial in MAC
- Invalid Drive:H:\ （subst X: %TEMP%）
- How to Use Apt get Command Under Mac OSX
- Chrome setting — Disable web security to solve cross domain problems
- How to bypass screen time password with itolab unlockgo for Mac
- How to set JAVA_HOME on mac
- How to uninstall CUDA driver and toolkit in Mac OS X?
- How to solve the problem of no sound after Apple Mac recovers from sleep?