sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install build-essential fakeroot dpkg-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev sudo apt-get build-dep git mkdir ~/git-openssl cd ~/git-openssl apt-get source git cd git-2.17.0/
vim debian/control # replace all libcurl4-gnutls-dev with libcurl4-openssl-dev
vim debian/rules # remove line "TEST =test" otherwise it takes longer to build the package
sudo dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b -uc -us # add "-uc -us" to avoid error "gpg: No secret key"
sudo dpkg -i ../git_2.17.0-1ubuntu1_amd64.deb
Note 1: I got “OpenSSL SSL_connect: SSL_ERROR_SYSCALL in connection to proxy” when doing “git clone https://…” after steps above, which turns out to be a problem about git proxy setting. It can be fixed by:
git config --global http.proxy http://proxy.server.com:8080 git config --global https.proxy https://proxy.server.com:8080
Note that it’s better to verify the proxy & port works well first in browsers like Chrome. Reference link: here.
Note 2: I accidentally removed libcurl4-gnutls-dev when trying different approaches, unfortunately, lots of dependent libs are removed as well, including the network manager and GDM3. As a result, the network can’t work any more and the whole display UI was messed up(it switched to lightdm for display manager). I managed to fix the mess with “sudo apt install gdm3”.
So as a lesson learn, don’t remove libcurl4-gnutls-dev for this issue.
- gnutls_handshake() failed: A TLS fatal alert has been received
- error: RPC failed； curl 56 GnuTLS recv error (-9): A TLS packet with unexpected length was
- Git clone appears fatal: unable to access’ https://github.com/… The solution to the problem
- Solve Linux docker pull error get https://registry-1.docker.io/v2/ : Net / http: TLS handshake timeout
- Using curl to generate gnutls_ Handshake() failed: error in the pull function or gnutls recv error: error in the pull function
- Error in Git clone or pod install: smudge filter LFS failed clone succeeded, but checkout failed
- Solve win10 docker:error during connect: Get https://192.168.99.100 : 2376 and error checking TLS connection
- git clone Error “Clone failed: Authentication failed for xxxxx”
- Resolve git clone error fatal: http request failed
- git clone appears fatal: index-pack failed problem solution
- Pull the git warehouse code IDEA reports an error: Clone failed: Authentication failed for’http://10.xx.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX’
- git clone prompt error: RPC failed result=22, HTTP code = 404 problem
- Git command line configuration and configuration file to solve clone error libressl_ connect: SSL_ ERROR_ SYSCALL in connection to github. com:443
- git clone Error: “server certificate verification failed. CAfile: /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt CRLf…
- Git failed to submit data error: failed to push some refs to’https://github.com/XXXXXXX/gif.git’
- Condahttperror:HTTP000 Connection Failed for URL https://repo.anaconda.com/pkgs/main/win-6
- IOS WebView failed to load the web page. Error domain = kcferrodomaincfnetwork code = 310 “there was a problem communicating with the secure web proxy server (HTTPS). “
- Idea svn connection https error report: E230001: Server SSL certificate verification failed: certificate issued
- OpenLDAP main: TLS init def ctx failed: -1
- NPM installØin sprintf- [email protected] Wealth: not available https://github.com/nhn/raphael.git/ “