there was an error running the selected code generator unable to retrieve metadata for
I have updated to Visual Studio 2013 update 2 and now I cannot scaffold controllers.
The problem is not project specific: when I try to scaffold a controller, I get the following error in ALL and ANY project:
There was an error running the selected code generator: 'Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.'
It was working before updating to Visual Studio 2013 update 2.
A combination of things have worked for me:
- Upgrade to Visual Studio 2013 Update 3. Upgrade Entity Framework to 6.1.1Modify the context configuration to use IDbSet<…> instead of DbSet<…> (I have heard that this can affect using async actions, but not apparently in my case, as I use this in my login actions, etc, as supplied by ASP. NET Identity 2 sample Nuget package).
Quite why this combination works, I have no idea. But then given the thundering silence from MS, I am probably not alone. I guess update 2 just didn’t work…
- Failed to retrieve plugin descriptor for org.mybatis.generator :mybatis-generator
- Microsoft edge was unable to log in. Error code: 3,15, – 2147023579
- Because vcruntime140 was not found_ 1.dll, unable to continue code execution
- There was an internal error, and Internet Explorer is unable to print this document
- Yum error: cannot retrieve repository metadata（ repomd.xml ）For repository solution
- Error: Failed to execute goal org.mybatis.generator:mybatis-generator-maven-plugin:1.3.2
- Fedora 14 yum Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository
- Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: c6-media. Please verify…
- mysql workbench Error Code: 1046. No database selected Select the default DB to be used
- [windows] U disk installed system, unable to format the selected partition [error: 0x8004242d]
- The idea code pushes to GitHub and reports an error fatal: unable to access
- Running Python 3.7 web.py Runtimeerror: generator raised stopiteration exception occurred during test
- Ubuntu reads the shared folder under windows Unable to mount location Failed to retrieve share list from server
- An error was reported during PSU upgrade: OPatch failed with error code 73
- Plugin Error: Plugin “Android Code Generator“ is incompatible (supported only in IntelliJ IDEA)
- Error saving Visio as picture: an error occurred and Visio was unable to complete the export
- An error was reported when idea compiles Java: no symbol was found_ How to solve this problem
- 12 days after the programmer was dismissed by the company, the former leader asked to go back to the company to explain the code clearly, but he was confused
- Edit the file to be edited by GEDIT. After saving, the warning set document metadata failed: setting attribute metadata:: GEDIT position no appears
- Unable to install SQL Server (setup.exe), VS Shell installation has failed with exit code 1638.