Basemap is the Matplotlib subpackage and one of the most commonly used and convenient tools for geographic data visualization in Python. The traditional Python install packages (PIP Install Basemap or Conda Install Basemap) often report errors and indicate that Python 2.7 Basemap and Python 3.6 conflict (Figure). Although 2.7 is a classic and most of the world’s data is still based on 2.x, it has been officially announced that 2.x is only for maintenance until 2020 and 3.x is the future.
The following is the Windows environment Python 3.x installation of basemap to share, for your reference.
Premise: My computer is configured 64 for Win10, Anaconda 3 (64-bit), Python 3.6.
1. First of all, download Basemap and Pyproj installation files according to your computer configuration and Python version. This website mainly provides Python Extension Packages under unofficial Windows environment
Basemap download address: https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
Pyproj download address: https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#pyproj
Where, 1.1.0 after basemap represents the version number, cp36 represents python3.6, win represents Windows, and amd64 represents the 64-bit system. Basemap is about 120M, Pyproj is only about 3M.
2. Win +R opens the command prompt window, and the CD command sets the current directory to the folder where the download files are stored (I put it on the desktop) and then hits enter. Note: If you are using Spyder version 3.2 or above, please execute the following installation command on Anaconda Prompt (my_root), following the same steps.
3. Then start installing the two files, starting with Pyproj
PIP install pyproj 18.104.22.168 – cp36 – cp36m – win_amd64. WHL
Note that the full name of the file name and the suffix (.whl) cannot be lost, and the same command will install Basemap after successful installation
PIP install basemap – 1.1.0 – cp36 – cp36m – win_amd64. WHL
An error occurs here
You are using PIP version 9.0.1, however version 9.0.2 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the ‘python -m pip install –upgrade pip’ command.
The installation was successful using the easy_install directive:
, first go to the directory of easy_install such as C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\Scripts
, then through the directive easy_install.exe PIP ==9.0.2 and finally install successfully.
And then install it
Successfully installing prompts you to install.
4. Then test whether the installation is successful
import numpy as np import pandas as pd import xarray as xy import matplotlib.pyplot as plt from mpl_toolkits.basemap import Basemap import os os.chdir(r'F:\NCEP') temp = xy.open_dataset('air.mon.mean.v401.nc') air = temp['air'] T30 = temp.sel(time=slice('1981-01-01', '2010-12-01')) t_average = T30.groupby('time.year').mean(dim='time') t = t_average.mean(dim='year') tmp = t['air'] lon = t['lon'][:] lat = t['lat'][:] lon, lat = np.meshgrid(lon, lat) def plt_map(data): m = Basemap(projection='mill', llcrnrlat=-90, urcrnrlat=90, llcrnrlon=-180, urcrnrlon=180, lat_ts=30, resolution='c') x, y = m(lon, lat) plt.xlim(-180, 180) plt.figure(figsize=(10, 7)) m.drawcoastlines() m.drawparallels(np.arange(-90., 91., 30.)) m.drawmeridians(np.arange(0., 361., 30)) m.drawmapboundary(fill_color='white') m.contourf(x, y, data, levels=np.linspace(-25, 30, 56), extend='both') plt.colorbar(orientation='horizontal', pad=0.05) plt_map(tmp)
- Installing gensim in Anaconda
- Installing Jieba in Anaconda environment
- Installing xgboost in anaconda is based on win10 32 / 64 bit system
- Installing R’s “mvtnorm” package in Windows system: solving the problem of the R package “mvtnorm” is not installed
- Anaconda’s method of installing pyaudio
- Solution of Prophet error reporting when installing R package in Kubuntu virtual machine environment
- Package summary of installing python with CONDA
- Install anaconda error: failed to create anaconda menus
- Error in installing centos8.3: DFN error: error in postrans scriptlet in RPM package kernel core
- An error is reported when installing the package directly in pycharm, but it can be installed through the terminal. Error non zero exit code (2)
- Install Seaborn, plot, Jieba in Anaconda
- Failed to download package files error after re installing Ubuntu
- Installing PyQt4 in Windows + Python 3.6
- [Problem] When installing the installation package, it appears: ipersistfile save failed with error code “0×80070005
- A solution to the kernel error of Jupiter notebook in Anaconda under Windows 10
- The problem of unable to install win32gui in building Anaconda environment in pychar
- Error: Failed dependencies: error encountered when installing rpm package
- Error code is 2502 / 2503 when installing MSI format installation package under win10 or win8
- Solution to “the grub PC ‘package failed to install into / target / when installing Ubuntu server
- [Solved] Scala signature package has wrong version expected: 5.0 found: 5.2 in package.class