Due to the project requirements: you need to build an FTP. After setting up the folder, create a new user and grant corresponding permissions. The following error message appears when I log in to the FTP site.
My running environment: centos8.2 64bit
II. Solutions (Four Methods)
There are four ways to collect online information. Please choose different solutions according to your own problems
(1) the host to log in does not create an account and its corresponding permissions.
If you find that you don’t have the account you created, create another one.
(2) after entering the correct password, it still reports an error. Users’ passwords can be modified;
Command: passwd username
Try signing in again. If you still report an error, look again (3)
(3) comment out pam_shells.so
FTP allows local users to log in. As a result, this error is always reported when logging in. I found a lot of information on the Internet, and finally solved it:
cp /etc/pam.d/vsftpd /etc/pam.d/vsftpd.bak
Comment out the following line:
#auth required pam_shells.so
Then log in again, it’s OK.
(4) check whether cat /etc/shells has your users
Check what the home directory of your login account corresponds to the login shell. Mine is /sbin/nologin user name: Password: user ID: group ID: annotative Description: Home Directory: login shell
Check whether cat /etc/shells has your user’s home directory and login shell, without adding, saving and exiting.
- xrdp_mm_process_login_response:login failed
- Idea login git cannot login prompt 401
- RabbitMQ login failed
- Login failed in rabbitmq
- Slim error “failed to execute login command”
- Login failed for user ‘IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool’
- rabbitmq management Login Failed
- Login failed with an access denied error.
- MYSQL login error: mysqladmin: connect to server at’localhost’ failed
- SQL Server “login failed for user ‘domain account”. [sqlstate 28000] (error 18456). “Problem solving
- WordPress appears Too many failed login attempts error solution
- SSIS package error report login failed for user’nt authority\anonymous logon’ solution
- SQL Server 2008 login 4064 error solution
- Login authority verification
- Exchange 2016 OWA login exception
- Linux — windows connection CentOS xrdp error message (login failed for display 0)
- How to login raspberry pie
- Error response from daemon for private harbor login
- Solution to GitHub desktop login error: failed to fetch
- EBS R12 login error—R12.1 FRM-92050: FAILED TO CONNECT TO SERVER: /FORMS/LSERVLET