An ERROR occurred while performing the step: “Building kernel modules”. See /var/log/nv
To solve the problem
NVIDIA Software Installer for Unix/Linux
ERROR: An ERROR occurred while performing the step: “Building kernel modules”. See
/var/log/ nvidia-log for details.
Error: An error occurred while performing the step “build a kernel module”. For more information, see /var/log/nvidia-installer.log.
First check the error log, the solution is really forgotten, really sorry……
PS: friends, really sorry, in the past for a long time, the specific solution to forget, I hope that friends, brainstorm, together to solve this problem, there is a better more detailed way, leave a message we discuss together! Thank you very much!
First of all, thank you for your recommendation!
Understand bugs: Nvidia drivers are “fragile.” Because of the execution of the apt-get Upgrade command, the kernel from 4.10 to 4.13, install the Nvidia driver will report an error, so put the kernel version back to 4.10 version, install again!
uname -r #Check the current kernel version sudo apt-get remove linux-image-(version-number)-generic For example sudo apt-get remove linux-image-4.4.0-140-generic-generic # to remove the current kernel version nvidia-smi # Use the command to view the GPU information after installing the graphics driver
Kernel version in the upgrade, will not delete the old version, just replace the old with the new version, only need to delete the new version of the kernel, the system will automatically descend to the old version, delete the new version of the kernel.
- GCC error: unrecognized command line option ‘-no-pie’
- Yarn install error: 00h00m00s 0/0: : ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘install‘
- ubuntu20.04——hdaudioC0D2: unable to bind the codec
- Docker service startup error: Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
- Widgets are not available. Please install widgetsnbextension or ipywidgets 4.0
- [ubuntu14.04]Tensorflow: Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement
- How to Solve error: command ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v11.0\bin\nvcc.exe‘ failed
- ArchLinux starts error after modifying MariaDB database path Can’t create test file /xxxxx/xxxxx-test
- Mac installation tree command error solution
- PIP Fatal error in launcher: Unable to create process using
- Error while trying to run project:unable to start debugging.the debugger is not properly installed. run setup to install or repa
- error: library dfftpack has Fortran sources but no Fortran compiler found
- Some problems encountered in the initial construction of Ant Design Pro project, such as cross Env, webpack and so on
- Cordova – CordovaError: Promise rejected with non-error: ‘ios-deploy was not found
- [Nginx] Configure nginx to support websocket to solve the problem of returning 400 error
- Failed to connect to driver at XXXXXXx
- MAC: Brew upgrade Error [How to Fix]
- Net use Errors Explanation
- Start Docker Quickstart Terminal error This computer is running Hyper-V. VirtualBox won’t boot a 64bits VM when Hyper-V is activated
- ffmpeg:error while loading shared libraries: libopenh264.so.5