An ERROR occurred while performing the step: “Building kernel modules”. See /var/log/nv
To solve the problem
NVIDIA Software Installer for Unix/Linux
ERROR: An ERROR occurred while performing the step: “Building kernel modules”. See
/var/log/ nvidia-log for details.
Error: An error occurred while performing the step “build a kernel module”. For more information, see /var/log/nvidia-installer.log.
First check the error log, the solution is really forgotten, really sorry……
PS: friends, really sorry, in the past for a long time, the specific solution to forget, I hope that friends, brainstorm, together to solve this problem, there is a better more detailed way, leave a message we discuss together! Thank you very much!
First of all, thank you for your recommendation!
Understand bugs: Nvidia drivers are “fragile.” Because of the execution of the apt-get Upgrade command, the kernel from 4.10 to 4.13, install the Nvidia driver will report an error, so put the kernel version back to 4.10 version, install again!
uname -r #Check the current kernel version sudo apt-get remove linux-image-(version-number)-generic For example sudo apt-get remove linux-image-4.4.0-140-generic-generic # to remove the current kernel version nvidia-smi # Use the command to view the GPU information after installing the graphics driver
Kernel version in the upgrade, will not delete the old version, just replace the old with the new version, only need to delete the new version of the kernel, the system will automatically descend to the old version, delete the new version of the kernel.
- Buffer I/O Error in /var/log/messages
- [Solved] SpringMVC Error: war exploded: Error during artifact deployment. See server log for details.
- [Solved] SSM Project Error: Error during artifact deployment. See server log for details.
- [Solved] Jupyter Kernel error: kernel Cannot Connect—-import win32api； ImportError: DLL load failed…
- [Solved] Error: unable to perform an operation on node ‘[email protected]‘. Please see diagnostics informa
- [Solved] Arcgis Pro2.8 Error: kernel error, failed open to kernel
- [Solved] Vivado Error: vivado 12-8300 launch hls failed please see vivado hls.log for details
- Execute an error under pytest cmd make sure your test modules/packages have valid Python names.
- [Solved] Jmeter Error: Error loading results file – see file log
- db2 purescale Install Error: ERROR: An error occurred while compiling IBM General Parallel File System (GPFS) Portability Layer (GPL) on host “cf1”. Return code “3”.
- [Solved] Android7 8 Jack server SSL error: Jack server failed to (re)start, try ‘jack-diagnose’ or see Jack server log
- [Solved] MATLAB Error: Wrong use of commLTETurboDecoder/step
- Eclipse an error has occurred [How to Solve]
- [Solved] An error occurred while processing your request…enable the Development environment by setting …
- [Android Error] java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
- [Solved] The “QtRunWork“ task returned false but did not log an error
- [Solved] Faceswap Error: CRITICAL An unexpected crash has occurred.You MUST provide this file if seeking assistan
- [USF-XSim-62] ‘elaborate‘ step failed with errors.[Vivado 12-4473] Detected error while running sim
- [Solved] An unexpected error has occurred. Conda has prepared the above report.
- IIS 404 The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred