An ERROR occurred while performing the step: “Building kernel modules”. See /var/log/nv
To solve the problem
NVIDIA Software Installer for Unix/Linux
ERROR: An ERROR occurred while performing the step: “Building kernel modules”. See
/var/log/ nvidia-log for details.
Error: An error occurred while performing the step “build a kernel module”. For more information, see /var/log/nvidia-installer.log.
First check the error log, the solution is really forgotten, really sorry……
PS: friends, really sorry, in the past for a long time, the specific solution to forget, I hope that friends, brainstorm, together to solve this problem, there is a better more detailed way, leave a message we discuss together! Thank you very much!
First of all, thank you for your recommendation!
Understand bugs: Nvidia drivers are “fragile.” Because of the execution of the apt-get Upgrade command, the kernel from 4.10 to 4.13, install the Nvidia driver will report an error, so put the kernel version back to 4.10 version, install again!
uname -r #Check the current kernel version sudo apt-get remove linux-image-(version-number)-generic For example sudo apt-get remove linux-image-4.4.0-140-generic-generic # to remove the current kernel version nvidia-smi # Use the command to view the GPU information after installing the graphics driver
Kernel version in the upgrade, will not delete the old version, just replace the old with the new version, only need to delete the new version of the kernel, the system will automatically descend to the old version, delete the new version of the kernel.
- [Solved] NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA drive
- [Solved] NVIDIA driver error: NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver…
- GCC error: unrecognized command line option ‘-no-pie’
- PyCharm Error: RuntimeError: CUDA out of memory [How to Solve]
- CUDA_ERROR_SYSTEM_DRIVER_MISMATCH [How to Solve]
- kernel module insert error: ERROR: could not insert module …../file.ko : File exits
- openwrt ipv6 nat6 ip6tables [How to Solve]
- Yarn install error: 00h00m00s 0/0: : ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘install‘
- [Solved] Xcode13.1 Upgrade Error: CocoaPods installed but not working Failed to build gem native extension
- [Solved] CUDA error：-UserWarning: CUDA initialization: CUDA unknown error
- [Solved] pod CDN: trunk Repo update failed – 56 error(s):
- [Solved] ERROR: Unable to find the development tool `cc`
- [Solved] error: ‘IEEE80211_BAND_2GHZ’ undeclared here (not in a function)
- [Solved] cocopod Error: failed: undefined method `map‘ for nil:NilClass
- ubuntu20.04——hdaudioC0D2: unable to bind the codec
- Docker service startup error: Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
- M1 Computer: How to Solve pod update
- Aapt Remove Command error during crunch – archive is toast
- Widgets are not available. Please install widgetsnbextension or ipywidgets 4.0
- How to Solve Cocoapods Installation Failure