An ERROR occurred while performing the step: “Building kernel modules”. See /var/log/nv
To solve the problem
NVIDIA Software Installer for Unix/Linux
ERROR: An ERROR occurred while performing the step: “Building kernel modules”. See
/var/log/ nvidia-log for details.
Error: An error occurred while performing the step “build a kernel module”. For more information, see /var/log/nvidia-installer.log.
First check the error log, the solution is really forgotten, really sorry……
PS: friends, really sorry, in the past for a long time, the specific solution to forget, I hope that friends, brainstorm, together to solve this problem, there is a better more detailed way, leave a message we discuss together! Thank you very much!
First of all, thank you for your recommendation!
Understand bugs: Nvidia drivers are “fragile.” Because of the execution of the apt-get Upgrade command, the kernel from 4.10 to 4.13, install the Nvidia driver will report an error, so put the kernel version back to 4.10 version, install again!
uname -r #Check the current kernel version sudo apt-get remove linux-image-(version-number)-generic For example sudo apt-get remove linux-image-4.4.0-140-generic-generic # to remove the current kernel version nvidia-smi # Use the command to view the GPU information after installing the graphics driver
Kernel version in the upgrade, will not delete the old version, just replace the old with the new version, only need to delete the new version of the kernel, the system will automatically descend to the old version, delete the new version of the kernel.
- [Solved] NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA drive
- [Solved] NVIDIA driver error: NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn’t communicate with the NVIDIA driver…
- GCC error: unrecognized command line option ‘-no-pie’
- CUDA_ERROR_SYSTEM_DRIVER_MISMATCH [How to Solve]
- PyCharm Error: RuntimeError: CUDA out of memory [How to Solve]
- openwrt ipv6 nat6 ip6tables [How to Solve]
- [Solved] Xcode13.1 Upgrade Error: CocoaPods installed but not working Failed to build gem native extension
- Yarn install error: 00h00m00s 0/0: : ERROR: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘install‘
- [Solved] ERROR: Unable to find the development tool `cc`
- ubuntu20.04——hdaudioC0D2: unable to bind the codec
- Docker service startup error: Job for docker.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
- M1 Computer: How to Solve pod update
- Widgets are not available. Please install widgetsnbextension or ipywidgets 4.0
- Aapt Remove Command error during crunch – archive is toast
- How to Solve Cocoapods Installation Failure
- [ubuntu14.04]Tensorflow: Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement
- [Solved] Wepy build watch Error: ERR! Parse WePY config failed. Are you trying to use
- [Solved] FFMPEG live encoding 2. session more error: [nvenc @ 0xa00480] OpenEncodeSessionEx failed: 0xa – invalid license key?
- Android Studio compile error: build tools is corrupt [Solved]
- How to Solve error: command ‘C:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v11.0\bin\nvcc.exe‘ failed