One day, if you don’t know what software you have installed, it will appear in the boot process when you boot or reboot:
Cannot open volume for direct access.
Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package.
Use the system restore feature from the control panel to restore
An unspecified error
boot time of my machine also jumped directly from 12 seconds to 29 seconds, and the self-check would automatically skip, without actually going to self-check.
After a random search, they all need to enter the safe mode for CHKDSK for detection and repair. I don’t want to go to such trouble. I always feel that my machine is not in such trouble.
here will repair method of Microsoft in the BBS links posted
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/chkdsk-error-cannot-open-volume-for-direct-access/5f8c4a7f-e609-445b-a63d-aa63f7112440 but, I still think, I did it because I installed the software. But why doesn’t the machine detect it automatically and skip it every time?
there must be a reason that pre-loaded software such as anti-virus software is preventing automatic detection (remember win95 to xp encountered similar things, but not automatically skipped detection), try uninstalling 360.
Sure enough, after uninstalling 360 and restarting the machine, the machine will no longer skip the automatic detection, and restart the machine after the successful completion of the detection. There is no longer any annoying reminder that Cannot open volume for direct Access.
machine startup time is back to 12 seconds.
- Win7 and Ubuntu dual system, start error: no such partition grub rescue
- Windows 10 startup item repair an operating system was’t found solution
- [problem solving] Error:failed to get canonical path of /cow
- Windows 10 startup item repair an operating system wasn’t found
- “An error occurred while adding a recovery system to the destination disk
- Error 1606 could not access network location% SystemDrive% / inetpub / wwwroot /
- Error 1606 Could Not Access Network Location %SystemDrive%/inetpub/wwwroot/
- How to delete Microsoft AutoUpdate from Mac
- correcting error in index $I30 for file 11031
- Go to: windows update error 0x800703ed possible solutions
- Unable to find VBScript script engine or error 2738, could not access VBScript runtime
- Windows 7 system, start to run input CMD, the window flashed by, disappeared
- Win 10 System Restore Fail 0x80070091
- Ubuntu 18.04/ubuntu 16.04 (Ubuntu kylin 18 / 16), the last grub installation failed
- Manjaro shut down the auto recovery software
- Solution of grub loading error 17
- windows update error 0x8024401c
- Win10 can’t drag files to open directly
- [How to Fix] error: file ‘/boot/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod’ not found