In Windows environment, the following window may pop up when you open the new version of SP to prompt that your TDR (timeout detection recovery) is too low. Click continue anyway to enter the software, but it may bring problems such as software crash and too high delay. This paper gives a solution to this problem combined with official documentation.
Why does GPU driver crash?
In order to prevent any rendering or GPU computing from causing system lock, windows system will shut down any GPU driver that rendering for a short period of time.
There is a key in the registry of windows that controls how long the system should wait before shutting down the driver. However, the software does not have permission to change this setting, and this value can only be changed manually.
You can get more details about TDR at the following links: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/display/tdr-registry-keys
terms of settlement:
You can modify the TDR value in two ways:
Increase the TDR delay value (this is the safest way) – & gt; modify “tdrdelay” and “tdrddidelay” to a higher value (such as 60s) to completely prohibit TDR – & gt; modify “tdrlevel” to 0 (not recommended by SP)
How to modify the TDR value in the registry:
(please note that the following operations will modify/create keys. If you don’t know how to edit the registry, it may lead to serious results that you can only reload the system.)
1. Windows + R opens the run window
2. Enter regedit and press enter
3. In the registry on the left, find: Computer/HKEY_ LOCAL_ MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
4. Check the key on the right. If there is no tdrdelay, right-click in the space on the right and select new & gt; DWORD (32bit) value
5 double click “tdrdelay” on the right side, change it to a higher value (default 2S), officially recommend 60s, and change its base to decimal
6. Create/Edit “tdrddidelay” value in the same way (default 5S)
(note decimal60 = hexadecimal 3C)
7. Now the TDR value in your registry should be as shown in the figure below
8. Close the registry and restart the computer.
- Windows 7 system, start to run input CMD, the window flashed by, disappeared
- Win10 can’t drag files to open directly
- MySQL installation error. Netframeword installation failed
- Question: cannot create windows service for mysql.error : 0 (install MySQL)
- MDK (keil) debugging often appears flashback phenomenon solution.
- Some problems about startup
- Solution: pychar opens internal error
- How to uninstall the software for apple / Mac? What if the software can’t be unloaded?
- Unable to find VBScript script engine or error 2738, could not access VBScript runtime
- Installation window services prompt error [SC] OpenSCManager FAILED 5
- Win10 install iTunes appears: “installation assembly microsoft.VC80 . CRT, tupe = Win32, version = 8.0.50727.6195 “…”
- Solution: ubantu has an internal error
- [Transfer] mdt wds deployment windows Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005 solution…
- Power view error: invalid activate method of class oleobject
- mdt wds deployment windows Litetouch deployment failed, Return Code = -2147467259 0x80004005
- Prompt “The MSI failed” solution when uninstalling VMware
- Synergy Protocol error from Server && dual system shared mouse and keyboard solution
- Solution to PCL XL error of HP p2055d laser printer
- Win10, add sublime text in the right mouse button menu to open
- Uninstall Windows computer software, so that the uninstall is clean