This may be a bug of VMware Workstation. When the virtual machine in VMware Workstation is running, it is shut down or restarted abnormally. As a result, when we restart the virtual machine again, it will prompt “The Virtual Machine Appears to be in use”, and the virtual machine cannot be started.
PS: This lck file is the disk lock file of the virtual machine. We know that the disk of the virtual machine and the disk of the host coexist, but due to the use of a specific virtual mechanism, the two do not affect each other. When using a virtual machine, vmware will generate a number of disk lock files to protect the disk occupied by the current virtual machine from being modified by the host or other virtual machines. After the virtual machine is shut down normally, vmware will automatically delete this lock. However, in a few cases, such as a sudden host crash, abnormal shutdown, etc., vmware cannot delete the lck disk lock file. So next time you start the virtual machine, vmware will mistakenly believe that the virtual system that needs to be started is already running, and the above this virtual machine appears to be in use error appears. After deleting the file, it can return to normal.
The repair method is very simple. Go to the corresponding virtual machine directory and delete the %virtual machine name%.vmx.lck folder or the files in it. If there is still an error, you need to restart the host.
- Yes, if you are certain that the guest is truly not running, go to the guest’s folder and delete any .lck files and folders. Delete the folders with .lck file extension.
- If you can’t delete these files, make sure to close VMware workstation program and then try.
- After deleting above .lck folders and files, I could able to successfully start virtual machine on VMware workstation 10.
- How to Solve VMware Workstation Error: The VMware Authorization Service is not running.
- AIX 11G Rac Startup Error: CLSU-00100,CLSU-00101,CLSU-00103,CLSU-00104,CRS-4000
- g++: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1plus) Please submit a full bug report, with preprocess
- How to Fix Spoolsv.exe Application Error
- [Solved] Unexpected error while saving file: xxx.ipynb database or disk is full
- IDEA Compile Project Error: GC overhead limit exceeded solution
- [Vagrant] When vagrant up, it stops at “SSH auth method: private key” and times out.
- [Solved] This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.
- Error occurred during initialization of VM Could not reserve enough space for 1572864KB object heap
- How to Solve NPM run dev error: missing script:dev
- git error: The following untracked working tree files would be overwritten by checkout
- Gog cannot link PSN: the connection to the server timed out
- Start Docker Quickstart Terminal error This computer is running Hyper-V. VirtualBox won’t boot a 64bits VM when Hyper-V is activated
- RabbitMQ：address (cannot connect to host/port) [How to Solve]
- Error reported when springboot connects to redis nested exception is redis.clients.jedis . exceptions.JedisConnectionException
- Tomcat startup error: Failed to start component [StandardServer] solution
- [Solved] ElasticSearch startup error: bootstrap checks failed
- XAMPP Error: Apache shutdown unexpectedly.This may be due to a blocked port, missing dependencies…
- Solution of “TCLs parsing failed” when dnf starts
- Max virtual memory areas vm.max_map_count  is too low, increase to at least