Today, there are several online websites that allow you to enter the URL of the video you wish to save to your computer, and get a link to download the file. Below is a short list of some of the more popular free websites.
Below is a brief description of how to save a video using Savevid. These steps are often very similar with other services used to save YouTube and other flash videos online.
- Go to the YouTube video page and copy the URL of the video you wish to save. For example, below is a URL to a video on YouTube.
Once this address has been copied, visit SaveVid and paste that URL into the URL text field, then click the Submit or Download button. If done properly, the page should open a new window or display a link to each of the video formats that can be saved. Savevid will give you the option to save the video as FLV, 3GP, MP4 and WebM format. If you’re wanting to watch this video on the computer we recommend saving the video as MP4 format.
Watching a FLV video on your computer
Once the .flv file has been downloaded to your computer, you’ll need a player that supports .flv files. Below are a few suggestions.
VLC media player
Windows Media Player
Microsoft Windows users also have the ability of playing FLV files in Windows Media player with the right codec. Downloading and installing the CCCP codec will install this codec, as well as many other codecs you’ll likely need in the future.
Converting the YouTube video to a different movie format
There are dozens of different software programs and online services available that will allow you to convert FLV files into another format. Below is a short listing of some of the free services and products we recommend.
Media Convert – An excellent online service that can convert FLV files into dozens of other formats.
Vixy – Another great online service that allows you to download and save YouTube video files to another format.
- The first time I write OpenGL program, what should I do when I encounter “can’t open include file:” GL / glaux. H “: no such file or directory”?
- [unity problem] what should I do if I encounter ‘Global::’ already contains a definition
- Video download problem of blob type URL
- How do I change the default background color of all FIGURE objects created in MATLAB
- Python implementation of bilibilibili (B station) video download
- Apple computer download file automatically with suffix problem solving
- Remove video with video byte 0, uncaught (in promise) domexception: failed to load because no supported source was f
- How to delete the residual software files on the computer?
- Google cloud disk: too many users have recently viewed or downloaded this file. Please try to access this file later. （How to Bypass Google Drive Download Limit (Quota Exceeded) Error）
- Because the computer is stuck, force to restart the computer and open idea idea to report an error on line 1: no content is allowed in the foreword.
- Extract audio from ffmpeg video to mp3 format or m4a format command
- Video JS can’t play the prompt（ CODE:4 MEDIA_ ERR_ SRC_ NOT_ SUPPORTED) No compatible source was found for this video.
- How to Disassemble/Assemble Galaxy S4 i9500 for Screen/Parts Repair!
- Some index files failed to download. They have been ignored, or old ones used instead
- Cesium uses mediastreamrecorder or mediarecorder to record and download videos, and turn on the camera for recording.
- How to download Google Chrome offline installation package from the official website
- How to make eclipse after the program is modified, click run to automatically save it.
- Keras saves save() and save in the model_ weights()
- UE4 cannot save the asset. The asset uasset failed to save
- How to uninstall IDM (Internet Download Manager)