You have a Dell workstation. It’s under warranty. The event log has a bunch of errors with source “Disk”. CHKDSK reports bad sectors.
You KNOW the hard disk is failing, but Dell Support wants you to boot from a diagnostic CD and run some tests to generate an error code, which could take hours. You’re on the clock charging your customer for your time. Time is money.
You can tell the Dell technician that you have run the diagnostics utility, and that it generated this error code:
Error Code 4400:011B
Msg: Block 253122 (feel free to change up the block number for variety)
Medium error (3-1101)
Read retries Exhausted.
More recently, from an Optiplex 780:
Error Code 0142
Error Code 2000-0142
Hard Drive 0
Self Test Unsuccessful Status 79
Error Code 0F00:1332
Interrupt Request (IRQ) did not set in time.
One of these will get you a new hard disk shipped from Dell.
- Pytorch: How to Handle error warning conda.gateways.disk.delete:unlink_or_rename_to_trash(140)
- Tips for Python 3 string.punctuation
- How to Fix pandas.errors.ParserError Error tokenizing data C error Buffer overflow caught
- Python: How to Reshape the data in Pandas DataFrame
- Python 3 urllib has no URLEncode attribute
- Python+ Pandas + Evaluation of Music Equipment over the years (Notes)
- Python_Syntax error: unexpected character after line continuation character
- Error reading file by pandas pandas.errors.EmptyDataError: no columns to parse from file
- Python 3.X error: valueerror: data type must provide an itemsize
- Python ValueError: only 2 non-keyword arguments accepted
- How to Fix Python reading large local file memory error
- pytorch: RuntimeError CUDA error device-side assert triggered
- ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘tensorflow.python’ And the pits encountered after installation
- Python Time Module timestamp, Time string formatting and Conversion (13-bit timestamp)
- How to Fix “HTTP error 403: forbidden” in Python 3. X
- Python recursively traverses all files in the directory to find the specified file
- Parallel processing in Python (Pool.map(), Pool.starmap(), Pool.apply ())
- You can run the Ansible Playbook in Python by hand
- Python: How to Create an Automatic Recording Program
- Python opens the table and appears pandas.errors.ParserError: Error tokenizing data. C error: