Change Jupyter Notebook Default Directory
There are three way to change the default (i.e., start-up) directory of jupyter notebook.
1. Use command line (aka, cmd), run the following command: this will generate a config file (jupyter_notebook_config.py), in your working location (C:\Users[Your Username].jupyter).
jupyter notebook --generate-config
2. Goto that location (C:\Users[Your Username].jupyter) and edit file jupyter_notebook_config.py as follow.
## The directory to use for notebooks and kernels. #c.NotebookApp.notebook_dir = ''
3. Delete the “#” and type your default directory inside the ”. (Make sure the directory is exist, or it may causes some troubles)
## The directory to use for notebooks and kernels. c.NotebookApp.notebook_dir = 'E:\Default Jupyter Dir\'
1. Find the Jupyter Notebook execute file.
2. Right click the file
3. Find “properties” tab and click it; this will lead you to the “Jupyter Notebook Properties”
4. Check the pop-up window, and you should see “Start in” property.
5. Change the directory to your default directory, e.g., ‘E:\Default Jupyter Dir\’
This solution is based on Anaconda, since Jupyter Notebook load the profile from Anaconda.
You may see the following information from properties window if you had gone through Solution #2.
"Target: D:\Anaconda3\python.exe d:\Anaconda3\cwp.py d:\Anaconda3 "d:/Anaconda3/python.exe" "d:/Anaconda3/Scripts/jupyter-notebook-script.py" %USERPROFILE%"
1. Goto the Anaconda installed location.
2. Find the ‘etc’ directory in Anaconda.
3. Open file ‘jupyter_notebook_config.json’
4. Add your default directory to the ‘notebook_dir’.
- Modify the default file location of the Jupiter notebook
- Ubuntu 16.04 modify jupyter default path
- How to solve the problem of creating notebook failed
- [Fixed]Error executing Jupyter command ‘notebook’: [Errno ‘jupyter-notebook’ not found] 2
- Nginx manager jupyter notebook v1.0.0 http websocket
- Anaconda Jupiter notebook kernel error solution
- InternalError: GPU sync failed
- Error importing keras in jupyter Notebook: modulenotfounderror: no module named ‘keras’ solution
- Exception: jupyter command Jupiter notebook not found
- In Python, import XXX does not report an error, but in IPython (Jupiter notebook)
- A solution to the kernel error of Jupiter notebook in Anaconda under Windows 10
- PIP report failed to create process
- Anaconda builds a new environment and installs sklearn, numpy and other modules
- Incomplete and “the Jupiter” distribution was not found
- Jupyter notebook couldn’t find CONDA’s virtual environment
- [Solved] socket.gaierror: [Errno 8] nodename nor servname provided, or not known
- Failed to create Anaconda Menus
- Error kernel restart: restart failed was reported in the background of jupyter notebook
- On the kernel error of jupyter notebook
- Bad file descriptor(C:\ci\zeromq 1602704446950\work\src\epoll.cpp:100)