linux installation pillow error:
ValueError: jpeg is required unless explicitly disabled using –disable-jpeg, aborting
After searching, I found the following two solutions:
sudo yum install python-devel sudo yum install zlib-devel sudo yum install libjpeg-turbo-devel
sudo apt-get install libtiff5-dev libjpeg8-dev zlib1g-dev libfreetype6-dev liblcms2-dev libwebp-dev tcl8.6-dev tk8.6-dev python-tk
The first one I use, the following one may not support the linux version I use, just keep it as a spare. After execution, run pip install pillow again.
Official website solution: https://pillow.readthedocs.io/en/3.0.0/installation.html#linux-installation
Most major Linux distributions, including Fedora, Debian/Ubuntu and ArchLinux include Pillow in packages that previously contained PIL e.g.
python-imaging. Please consider using native operating system packages first to avoid installation problems and/or missing library support later.
We do not provide binaries for Linux. If you didn’t build Python from source, make sure you have Python’s development libraries installed. In Debian or Ubuntu:
$ sudo apt-get install python-dev python-setuptools
Or for Python 3:
$ sudo apt-get install python3-dev python3-setuptools
In Fedora, the command is:
$ sudo yum install python-devel
Prerequisites are installed on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or Raspian Wheezy 7.0 with:
$ sudo apt-get install libtiff4-dev libjpeg8-dev zlib1g-dev \ libfreetype6-dev liblcms2-dev libwebp-dev tcl8.5-dev tk8.5-dev python-tk
Prerequisites are installed on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with:
$ sudo apt-get install libtiff5-dev libjpeg8-dev zlib1g-dev \ libfreetype6-dev liblcms2-dev libwebp-dev tcl8.6-dev tk8.6-dev python-tk
Prerequisites are installed on Fedora 20 with:
$ sudo yum install libtiff-devel libjpeg-devel libzip-devel freetype-devel \ lcms2-devel libwebp-devel tcl-devel tk-devel
ValueError:–enable-zlib requested but zlib not found, aborting.
Run pip install pillow==3.1.1 under Ubuntu 14.04 and report an error, ValueError: –enable-zlib requested but zlib not found, aborting.
$ sudo apt-get build-dep python-imaging
$ sudo apt-get install libjpeg8 libjpeg62-dev libfreetype6 libfreetype6-dev
$ pip install Pillow==3.1.1
- Linux Ubuntu ImportError: Libtk8.5.so: cannot open shared object file:No such file Install tkinter Library
- How to Fix Linux sub process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
- NVIDIA SMI error after Ubuntu 20.04 restart [How to Solve]
- Opensuse12.3 installation of VirtualBox error resolution
- How to Uncompress 7z files on Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora
- Ubuntu sub process/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) solution
- When installing software in Ubuntu, it prompts: E: You don’t have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/.
- How to Use Apt get Command Under Mac OSX
- linux Ubuntu Error: No command ‘setenv‘ found
- Fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory
- How to Solve Ubuntu “Failed to fetch” Error
- [Solved] Python Import mmcv Warning: ImportError: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
- [Solved] CUDA driver version is insufficient for CUDA runtime version
- How to Solve “Error: source file could not be loaded“ [Ubuntu Use LibreOffice]
- Ubuntu Server: How to Install Chrome
- Restart and stop of nginx in Linux service
- arm-eabi-gcc: command not found [How to Solve]
- [Solved] G++ Error: Command ‘g++‘ not found, but can be installed with:
- Ubuntu Run Error: not syncing : VFS: Unable to mount root