linux installation pillow error:
ValueError: jpeg is required unless explicitly disabled using –disable-jpeg, aborting
After searching, I found the following two solutions:
sudo yum install python-devel sudo yum install zlib-devel sudo yum install libjpeg-turbo-devel
sudo apt-get install libtiff5-dev libjpeg8-dev zlib1g-dev libfreetype6-dev liblcms2-dev libwebp-dev tcl8.6-dev tk8.6-dev python-tk
The first one I use, the following one may not support the linux version I use, just keep it as a spare. After execution, run pip install pillow again.
Official website solution: https://pillow.readthedocs.io/en/3.0.0/installation.html#linux-installation
Most major Linux distributions, including Fedora, Debian/Ubuntu and ArchLinux include Pillow in packages that previously contained PIL e.g.
python-imaging. Please consider using native operating system packages first to avoid installation problems and/or missing library support later.
We do not provide binaries for Linux. If you didn’t build Python from source, make sure you have Python’s development libraries installed. In Debian or Ubuntu:
$ sudo apt-get install python-dev python-setuptools
Or for Python 3:
$ sudo apt-get install python3-dev python3-setuptools
In Fedora, the command is:
$ sudo yum install python-devel
Prerequisites are installed on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or Raspian Wheezy 7.0 with:
$ sudo apt-get install libtiff4-dev libjpeg8-dev zlib1g-dev \ libfreetype6-dev liblcms2-dev libwebp-dev tcl8.5-dev tk8.5-dev python-tk
Prerequisites are installed on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS with:
$ sudo apt-get install libtiff5-dev libjpeg8-dev zlib1g-dev \ libfreetype6-dev liblcms2-dev libwebp-dev tcl8.6-dev tk8.6-dev python-tk
Prerequisites are installed on Fedora 20 with:
$ sudo yum install libtiff-devel libjpeg-devel libzip-devel freetype-devel \ lcms2-devel libwebp-devel tcl-devel tk-devel
ValueError:–enable-zlib requested but zlib not found, aborting.
Run pip install pillow==3.1.1 under Ubuntu 14.04 and report an error, ValueError: –enable-zlib requested but zlib not found, aborting.
$ sudo apt-get build-dep python-imaging
$ sudo apt-get install libjpeg8 libjpeg62-dev libfreetype6 libfreetype6-dev
$ pip install Pillow==3.1.1
- [Solved] Ubuntu Open jpg Image Error: Error interpreting JPEG image file (Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x89 0x50)
- [Solved] Error (suppressible): (vsim-12110) All optimizations are disabled because the -novopt option is in effect…
- [Solved] linux kernel load driver Error: module verification failed: signature and/or required key missing – tainting kernel
- Installation and configuration of redis in Linux
- Linux Command Error: Redis (error) NOAUTH Authentication required
- [Solved] Linux error E: dpkg is broken, you must manually run ‘sudo dpkg –configure -a’ to resolve this issue
- Opensuse12.3 installation of VirtualBox error resolution
- [Solved] Linux program error: dpkg is interrupted. You must manually run ‘sudo dpkg — configure – a’
- [Solved] Linux Error: Failed to start bean ‘webServerStartStop‘; nested exception is org.springframework.
- [Solved] Error in installing backups.lzma for Python on Linux
- Linux Ubuntu ImportError: Libtk8.5.so: cannot open shared object file:No such file Install tkinter Library
- After Centos installation is complete, ifconfig: command not found
- [Solved] Linux — 9 — txt files are copied from windows to Linux and read error
- [Solved] Win10 and Linux address reading format is different (CV2. Error: opencv (4.2.0)/Io/opencv…)
- Linux Install vixie-cron Error: There is no available software package vixie cron
- [Solved] Linux Error: mipsel-linux-gcc: fatal error: no input files
- [Solved] docker: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:380
- [Solved] Linux Error: tar: Error Is Not Recoverable: Exiting Now
- Restart and stop of nginx in Linux service
- [Solved] Using GCP copy to report errors in Linux: DBUS. Exceptions. Dbusexception: org. Freedesktop. DBUS. Error. Notsupported: