Today, I saw a red exclamation mark on an Esxi in vCSA.
So I clicked on the Esxi [Monitoring] under the [Problems and Alarms] and saw the status of other host hardware objects Name of serious alarm
But from this prompt still can not see what, so continue to click on the [Hardware Operational Status] to see the System Management Software 1 SEL Fullness
If you do not know what SEL is, you may not understand this error, in fact, here (SEL) that ESXi System Event Log
That is, the ESXi host system event log is full, if this is the case, we can clean up can
So first open Esxi ssh service and Bash Shell, and then ssh login to Esxi, because this Esxi and production, so I directly use localcli hardware ipmi sel clear will clear the logs
[root@EX123:~] localcli hardware ipmi sel get IpmiSELConfig: Enabled: true Formatted-Raw: Last Added: 2022-09-05T06:18:40 Last Cleared: 2018-12-16T07:51:30 Maximum Records: 512 Overflow: false Raw: Sel-Clock: 2022-11-07T08:42:57 Total Records: 456 Version: 0x51 (1.5) [root@EX123:~] localcli hardware ipmi sel clear [root@EX123:~] localcli hardware ipmi sel get IpmiSELConfig: Enabled: true Formatted-Raw: Last Added: 2022-11-07T08:43:45 Last Cleared: 2022-11-07T08:43:44 Maximum Records: 512 Overflow: false Raw: Sel-Clock: 2022-11-07T08:43:52 Total Records: 1 Version: 0x51 (1.5) [root@EX123:~]
After execution, log back into vCSA to see Esxi and find that the alarms have been eliminated, but if the Esxi is production-important, you can set a larger value or export the backup event log and then clean it up
- Summary of unity3d 11 SceneManager scene management usage
- [Solved] docker Error: System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can‘t operate. Failed to con
- System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can‘t operate
- Using apt get to delete software completely
- [Solved] Yum Install Software Error: Invalid configuration value: failovermethod=priority…
- [Solved] SSH WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!
- [Solved] FATAL ERROR:Network error: Software caused connection abort
- [Solved] SSH connect Error: “WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED“
- When installing software in Ubuntu, it prompts: E: You don’t have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/.
- Linux Install vixie-cron Error: There is no available software package vixie cron
- WARNING: Download failure ＜urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed
- [Solved] Warning: detected “cgroupfs“ as the Docker cgroup driver. The recommended driver is “systemd“.
- [Solve] Yinhe Qilin V10 System Error: Failed to download metadata for repo ‘ks10-adv-os‘
- [Solved] Error: ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached
- [Solved] Linux C++ warning: ISO C++ forbids converting a string constant to ‘char*‘ [-Wwrite-strings]
- Ubuntu Startup Error: warning failed to connect to lvmetad，falling back to device scanning
- Parse error in ubantu/Linux system [How to Solve]
- Disk Extended Error: WARNING: Re-reading the partition table failed with error 16: Device or resource busy.
- [Solved] xtrabackup Error: “Too many open files” (system error number 24)
- [Solved] Python Import mmcv Warning: ImportError: libGL.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory