After idea starts and clicks a menu, there is no reaction at all. When you click close, you can’t close it. Check the log and report the following error:
➜ bin 2021-04-30 00:20:31,777 [ 317987] WARN - .diagnostic.PerformanceWatcher - UI was frozen for 5750ms, details saved to /home/zeek/.cache/JetBrains/IntelliJIdea2020.3/log/threadDumps-freeze-20210430-002031-IU-203.7148.57-RandomAccessFile.readBytes-5sec 2021-04-30 00:20:45,194 [ 331404] WARN - s.ui.configuration.SdkDetector - No version is returned for detected SDK IDEA JDK at /home/zeek/software/idea-IU-203.7148.57 2021-04-30 00:22:05,304 [ 411514] WARN - ystem.impl.ActionPopupMenuImpl - 1174ms to fill popup menu ProjectViewPopup 2021-04-30 00:22:33,250 [ 439460] WARN - ConfigurableExtensionPointUtil - ignore deprecated groupId: language for id: preferences.language.Kotlin.scripting 2021-04-30 00:22:33,426 [ 439636] WARN - ConfigurableExtensionPointUtil - use other group instead of unexpected one: build.android 2021-04-30 00:22:44,580 [ 450790] WARN - .diagnostic.PerformanceWatcher - UI was frozen for 12256ms, details saved to /home/zeek/.cache/JetBrains/IntelliJIdea2020.3/log/threadDumps-freeze-20210430-002237-IU-203.7148.57-ShowSettingsAction.perform-12sec
It was serious at the beginning, and I don’t know the specific reason.
First of all, because I use Linux operating system, the default JDK is openjdk 11. Generally speaking, openjdk is not as stable as Oracle JDK, and openjdk 11 is too new, so the default JDK of Jiujiang operating system is Oracle JDK 9.
➜ bin java -version Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on -Dswing.aatext=true java version "9.0.1" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.1+11) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.1+11, mixed mode)
Secondly, because the default memory used by idea is about 700m, insufficient memory may also lead to the above situation. Therefore, the running memory of idea is adjusted to 2G, and the configuration file is
idea installation directory/bin/idea64. Vmoptions . The configuration content is as follows (only the sizes of – XMS and – Xmx are modified)
-Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=50 -XX:CICompilerCount=2 -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -ea -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djdk.http.auth.tunneling.disabledSchemes="" -Djdk.attach.allowAttachSelf=true -Djdk.module.illegalAccess.silent=true -Dkotlinx.coroutines.debug=off -Dsun.tools.attach.tmp.only=true
Finally, disable some plug-ins that you can’t use at ordinary times.
After the above three steps, the idea Caton phenomenon is not so obvious (invisible to the naked eye).
Title: idea stuck and error: UI was frozen for xxxxx MS problem solving
tips: Please note that the article is reproduced from personal blog: Xiaoling children’s shoes
- An error was reported when idea compiles Java: no symbol was found_ How to solve this problem
- Idea for Mac setting JVM running parameters to solve running stuck problem
- Java was started but returned exit code = 13 problem solving
- Solution: Solving Environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve
- Solving environment: failed with initial frozen solve. Retrying with flexible solve.错误
- Win10 problem solving – there was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page
- Idea error: (4, 46) Java: package org.springframework.boot . autoconfigure does not exist problem solving
- What to do when idea Maven package appears could not find artifact xxxxx!
- Because the computer is stuck, force to restart the computer and open idea idea to report an error on line 1: no content is allowed in the foreword.
- The process of solving Intellij IDEA can’t load jvm DLL error at a time
- Error: timeout of 5000ms exceeded error is always reported during post request
- Ntpdate reported an error when updating the clock, and the problem of no server suitable for synchronization found was solved
- Spring boot problem solving record (1)
- Mac idea springboot project reported an error
- Python’s importerror: DLL load failed: the specified module was not found and the problem was solved
- [DRC nstd-1] problem solving of vivado error problem
- Solutions to the problem that Ubuntu is stuck when copying large files and can’t mount mobile hard disk normally
- Call to undefined function oci_ Connect() problem solving
- Uniapp uses CMD to import uview. An error is reported, and the file search fails: ‘uview UI’‘
- Problem solving of runas 740 error