After idea starts and clicks a menu, there is no reaction at all. When you click close, you can’t close it. Check the log and report the following error:
➜ bin 2021-04-30 00:20:31,777 [ 317987] WARN - .diagnostic.PerformanceWatcher - UI was frozen for 5750ms, details saved to /home/zeek/.cache/JetBrains/IntelliJIdea2020.3/log/threadDumps-freeze-20210430-002031-IU-203.7148.57-RandomAccessFile.readBytes-5sec 2021-04-30 00:20:45,194 [ 331404] WARN - s.ui.configuration.SdkDetector - No version is returned for detected SDK IDEA JDK at /home/zeek/software/idea-IU-203.7148.57 2021-04-30 00:22:05,304 [ 411514] WARN - ystem.impl.ActionPopupMenuImpl - 1174ms to fill popup menu ProjectViewPopup 2021-04-30 00:22:33,250 [ 439460] WARN - ConfigurableExtensionPointUtil - ignore deprecated groupId: language for id: preferences.language.Kotlin.scripting 2021-04-30 00:22:33,426 [ 439636] WARN - ConfigurableExtensionPointUtil - use other group instead of unexpected one: build.android 2021-04-30 00:22:44,580 [ 450790] WARN - .diagnostic.PerformanceWatcher - UI was frozen for 12256ms, details saved to /home/zeek/.cache/JetBrains/IntelliJIdea2020.3/log/threadDumps-freeze-20210430-002237-IU-203.7148.57-ShowSettingsAction.perform-12sec
It was serious at the beginning, and I don’t know the specific reason.
First of all, because I use Linux operating system, the default JDK is openjdk 11. Generally speaking, openjdk is not as stable as Oracle JDK, and openjdk 11 is too new, so the default JDK of Jiujiang operating system is Oracle JDK 9.
➜ bin java -version Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on -Dswing.aatext=true java version "9.0.1" Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 9.0.1+11) Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 9.0.1+11, mixed mode)
Secondly, because the default memory used by idea is about 700m, insufficient memory may also lead to the above situation. Therefore, the running memory of idea is adjusted to 2G, and the configuration file is
idea installation directory/bin/idea64. Vmoptions . The configuration content is as follows (only the sizes of – XMS and – Xmx are modified)
-Xms512m -Xmx2048m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=512m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=50 -XX:CICompilerCount=2 -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:-OmitStackTraceInFastThrow -ea -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -Djdk.http.auth.tunneling.disabledSchemes="" -Djdk.attach.allowAttachSelf=true -Djdk.module.illegalAccess.silent=true -Dkotlinx.coroutines.debug=off -Dsun.tools.attach.tmp.only=true
Finally, disable some plug-ins that you can’t use at ordinary times.
After the above three steps, the idea Caton phenomenon is not so obvious (invisible to the naked eye).
Title: idea stuck and error: UI was frozen for xxxxx MS problem solving
tips: Please note that the article is reproduced from personal blog: Xiaoling children’s shoes
- AES CBC PKCs × 7 encryption
- Failed to execute goal
- The process of solving Intellij IDEA can’t load jvm DLL error at a time
- Oracle login error: Oracle error 6 initializing SQL * plus (normal before)
- Install Java runtime JRE in Ubuntu 16.04
- Outofmemoryerror: GC overhead limit exceeded solution
- Java uses ZipFile to decompress the zip file and runs normally under Windows. Linux reports an error
- Analysis and solution of RSA premaster secret error
- Ubutnu’s idea input method candidate box can’t follow the cursor
- An error was reported during PSU upgrade: OPatch failed with error code 73
- Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-01019 solution
- Error: could not find java.dll Error: could not find Java se runtime environment solution
- JDBC connection to Oracle: listener used the connection with the following error: ora-12505
- Solve the problem that data cannot be input in idea console
- Start Eclipse and pop up the “Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll” dialog box
- appear Error:java : javacTask: source release 1.7 requires target release 1.7
- Error running Eclipse: failed to load the JNI shared library
- Quickly create a local typescript running environment.
- javac Task Error source release 1.7 requires target release
- Abnormal report error javax.net.ssl .SSLHandshakeException: server certificate change is restrictedduring renegotiation