How to uninstall Maya on a Mac
Products and versions covered
Jun 15 2018
ADD TO COLLECTION
Issue: You want to know how to uninstall Maya from a Macintosh computer.
Solution: Maya doesn’t have an uninstall tool so you will need to manually delete it. You can use a Terminal with the Open command to easily delete files and folders as noted in the videos below:
- Delete the main Application. [Drag the folder into the trash. ]
- Maya includes Matchmover and Composite. These applications are in:
- Delete Backburner by removing these folders:
- Video: Open-delete-hidden-folders
- /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.autodesk. *
- Delete Network License Manager [NLM]:
- Video: Open-delete-flexnetfolder
- Delete and backup licensing files/folders. You need to follow only one of the steps below depending on your type of install.
- /var/flexlm/maya. lic or adsk_server. lic
- /Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm
- /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf. data
- /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup. 001
- The Library folders in Mac OS 10.7 and higher is completely hidden so you can use the Go > Go to folder to access it. You can also view the videos in steps 2 and 3 for further instructions.
Note: Deleting the standalone licensing files can affect AutoCAD and Smoke installation. If you delete these files, you will need to uninstall and reinstall AutoCAD and Smoke as well.
This method is easier than using adlmreg noted in the documentation, Maya_Install_FAQ_en.pdf > , on page 23. If you want to use the Terminal, the path to adlmreg is: /usr/bin/adlmreg.
When adlmreg does not found, see also Where is adlmreg for Maya?
Autodesk BackBurner – Mac and VMWare Fusion – IP ConflictAutoCAD [2013-2012] for Mac: Where is the licpath. lic file?Reset Standalone licensing on the Mac [Time Machine]
- How to Install MongoDB Community Edition Manually on mac and linux
- Mac: How to installs docker through brew
- Mac: How to Install homebrew, nginx, PHP and MySQL
- How to solve the error of “failed to create the Java virtual machine” in installing eclipse 2020-03 in MAC environment
- Yaml Install ERROR: Cannot uninstall ‘PyYAML’.
- Solution to the problem of installing Tkinter module in MAC
- How to Use pychar to run tensorflow and virtualenv (How to install tensorflow)
- Mac monterey Reinstall System Error: pkdownloaderror 8
- Homebrew installation strategy of M1 MAC based on ARM architecture
- How to Install FFmpeg on Linux
- How to Revert Your File & Folder by “FOUND.000”
- How to install PIL in Python 3
- Docker: How to Install Nacos
- Tensorflow: How to Use static_rnn
- How to Solve Cython-bbox pip install Error
- How to Install PSSH in Centos7
- How To Install Java with Apt-Get on Ubuntu 16.04
- How To Install WordPress with LAMP on Ubuntu 16.04
- How to Solve program install error 0x80070660
- How to Install Mongdb4.X in Windows