How to uninstall Maya on a Mac
Products and versions covered
Jun 15 2018
ADD TO COLLECTION
Issue: You want to know how to uninstall Maya from a Macintosh computer.
Solution: Maya doesn’t have an uninstall tool so you will need to manually delete it. You can use a Terminal with the Open command to easily delete files and folders as noted in the videos below:
- Delete the main Application. [Drag the folder into the trash. ]
- Maya includes Matchmover and Composite. These applications are in:
- Delete Backburner by removing these folders:
- Video: Open-delete-hidden-folders
- /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.autodesk. *
- Delete Network License Manager [NLM]:
- Video: Open-delete-flexnetfolder
- Delete and backup licensing files/folders. You need to follow only one of the steps below depending on your type of install.
- /var/flexlm/maya. lic or adsk_server. lic
- /Library/Application Support/Autodesk/Adlm
- /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf. data
- /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet/adskflex_00691b00_tsf.data_backup. 001
- The Library folders in Mac OS 10.7 and higher is completely hidden so you can use the Go > Go to folder to access it. You can also view the videos in steps 2 and 3 for further instructions.
Note: Deleting the standalone licensing files can affect AutoCAD and Smoke installation. If you delete these files, you will need to uninstall and reinstall AutoCAD and Smoke as well.
This method is easier than using adlmreg noted in the documentation, Maya_Install_FAQ_en.pdf > , on page 23. If you want to use the Terminal, the path to adlmreg is: /usr/bin/adlmreg.
When adlmreg does not found, see also Where is adlmreg for Maya?
Autodesk BackBurner – Mac and VMWare Fusion – IP ConflictAutoCAD [2013-2012] for Mac: Where is the licpath. lic file?Reset Standalone licensing on the Mac [Time Machine]
- How to Install FFmpeg on Linux
- Yaml Install ERROR: Cannot uninstall ‘PyYAML’.
- How to solve the error of “failed to create the Java virtual machine” in installing eclipse 2020-03 in MAC environment
- Solution to the problem of installing Tkinter module in MAC
- Clion installing glfw_Using clion to configure Vulkan development environment on MacOS
- Raspberry PI install VIM editor
- Bid for Kirin (Linux kernel) 7.0 compiler and installation sdl2.0 and QT using sdl2
- How to install PIL in Python 3
- How to Install MongoDB Community Edition Manually on mac and linux
- Vue project installs Axios to implement HTTP request
- How to Revert Your File & Folder by “FOUND.000”
- How to Use pychar to run tensorflow and virtualenv (How to install tensorflow)
- [solution] install opencv3 with opencv4
- Mac: How to Install homebrew, nginx, PHP and MySQL
- How to Install PSSH in Centos7
- How To Install WordPress with LAMP on Ubuntu 16.04
- Python installation of third-party libraries reported an error: “these packages do not match the hashes from the requirements file.”
- Mac: How to installs docker through brew
- Homebrew installation strategy of M1 MAC based on ARM architecture
- Debian: How to install MariaDB