|did not contact CentsOS 7 before, do not understand its changed characteristics, accidentally in centos 7 contact LVM, the method to create LVM and 6 is no different, but the LVM is a little different, the use of the previous method for capacity expansion has not been effective, it took a long time to figure out its capacity expansion method. Xfs is the default file system type for CentOS7, and different file system types have different create, check, and adjust commands.|
Xfs is the default file system type for CentOS7, and different file system types have different create, check, and adjust commands.
In the XFS file system, you can only increase the partition, not decrease it.
[[email protected] ~]# ls /lib//modules/3.10.0-229.20.1.el7.x86_64/kernel/fs #View all file system types supported by the kernel binfmt_misc.ko ceph dlm fat gfs2 lockd nfs_common overlayfs udf btrfs cifs exofs fscache isofs mbcache.ko nfsd pstore xfs cachefiles cramfs ext4 fuse jbd2 nfs nls squashfs
I’ve created new partitions and added them to the VG, and I’ve extended the physical boundaries.
When extending logical boundaries, errors are reported as follows:
[[email protected] ~]# resize2fs -p /dev/mapper/centos-root resize2fs 1.42.9 (28-Dec-2013) resize2fs: Bad magic number in super-block When trying to open the /dev/mapper/centos-root 时 Can't find a valid file system superblock.
First, I thought of using FSCK for repair, but it didn’t work. When I saw the error message, I knew that XFS file should be repaired with XfS_REPAIR
[[email protected] ~]# fsck /dev/mapper/centos-root fsck，from util-linux 2.23.2 If you wish to check the consistency of an XFS filesystem or repair a damaged filesystem, see xfs_repair(8).
Then try to fix it, but it doesn’t work, you need to unmount it to fix it, and the filesystem is mounted to /, so don’t even think about it.
[[email protected] ~]# xfs_repair /dev/mapper/centos-root xfs_repair: /dev/mapper/centos-root contains a mounted filesystem xfs_repair: /dev/mapper/centos-root contains a mounted and writable filesystem fatal error -- couldn't initialize XFS library
Finally, a web search reveals that there is one more step to go after the logical extension of the XFS filesystem:
[[email protected] ~]# lvs LV VG Attr LSize Pool Origin Data% Meta% Move Log Cpy%Sync Convert root centos -wi-ao---- 95.00g swap centos -wi-ao---- 3.88g [[email protected] ~]# df -lh File System Capacity Used Available Used % Used Mount Points /dev/mapper/centos-root 46G 42G 4.5G 91%/ ------------>46G devtmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev tmpfs 1.9G 164K 1.9G 1% /dev/shm tmpfs 1.9G 8.7M 1.9G 1% /run tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup /dev/sda1 497M 208M 290M 42% /boot [[email protected] ~]# xfs_growfs /dev/mapper/centos-root #This step is required to perform the adjustment, after the expansion. meta-data=/dev/mapper/centos-root isize=256 agcount=4, agsize=2987776 blks = sectsz=512 attr=2, projid32bit=1 = crc=0 finobt=0 data = bsize=4096 blocks=11951104, imaxpct=25 = sunit=0 swidth=0 blks naming =version 2 bsize=4096 ascii-ci=0 ftype=0 log =internal bsize=4096 blocks=5835, version=2 = sectsz=512 sunit=0 blks, lazy-count=1 realtime =none extsz=4096 blocks=0, rtextents=0 data blocks changed from 11951104 to 24903680 [[email protected] ~]# df -lh File System Capacity Used Available Used % Used Mount Points /dev/mapper/centos-root 95G 42G 54G 44%/ ------------>Expansion has been completed devtmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /dev tmpfs 1.9G 164K 1.9G 1% /dev/shm tmpfs 1.9G 8.7M 1.9G 1% /run tmpfs 1.9G 0 1.9G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup /dev/sda1 497M 208M 290M 42% /boot
XFS related common commands
xfs_admin: Adjusting various parameters of the xfs file system xfs_copy: copies the contents of the xfs file system to one or more targets (in parallel). xfs_db: debugging or inspecting the xfs file system (looking at file system fragments, etc.) xfs_check: checks the integrity of the xfs file system. xfs_bmap: View a block map of a file. xfs_repair: Attempts to repair damaged xfs filesystems xfs_fsr: Defragmentation xfs_quota: manages disk quotas for xfs filesystems xfs_metadump: copies the metadata of the xfs file system to a file xfs_mdrestore: restores metadata from a file to the xfs file system xfs_growfs: Resize an xfs file system (only expandable) xfs_freeze Suspend (-f) and Restore (-u) xfs filesystems xfs_logprint: prints the xfs filesystem log. xfs_mkfile: Creates the xfs file system. xfs_info: Queries file system details xfs_ncheck: generate pathnames from i-numbers for XFS xfs_rtcp: XFS real-time copy command xfs_io: debugging xfs I/O paths
becomes ext2 after using the mke2fs command on the Xfs filesystem. You need to change the filesystem type in /etc/fstab!
This paper address: http://www.linuxprobe.com/lvm+xfs++.html
- Cloud computing learning route Courseware: XFS file system
- Viewing the file system format of disk partition under Linux
- Alicloud CentOS 5 old version yum/ repomd.xml : [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404: Not Found
- Remember a virtual machine expansion swapoff failed: cannot allocate memory
- Spring boot can’t scan XML (invalid bound statement (not found))
- Yum installation error Error:Nothing to Do
- SSD [failed] failed to mount / sysRoot solution
- Cannot remove : Input/output error
- Solution to Linux error loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
- How to solve the failed to start switch root error during centos8.1 startup?
- Error reporting in CentOS 7 using yum
- linux docker Error Failed to get D-Bus connection: Operation not permitted
- The reason why HashMap multithreads send out life and death loops
- VirtualBox Failed to start LSB:Bring up/down Networking problem
- Install Xen virtual machine using virt-manager
- Failed to mount /sysroot
- Vacuum box installation CentOS encountered the pit
- [Linux] e297: write error in swap file solution
- Centos8 Install Failed to synchronize cache for repo ‘AppStream’, ignoring this repo.
- Tencent Cloud server encountered “Active: failed (Result: start-limit)” error when starting lightdm