The computer motherboard is Inventec’s B810G, which finally solved the problem after much trouble.
INT 19 loads 512 bytes of MBR into memory 0x7c00, then jumps to 0x7c00 to execute the MBR executable (master booter). Master booter at least needs to do these things:
checks whether MAGIC (Signature) is a valid value (hexadecimal 55 AA);
moves itself to another location (usually 0x0600), leaving 0x7C00 to 0x7C00 +512K, in case a boot sector program is subsequently loaded at that location. This is the same as loading a boot sector program directly from a diskette. According to the design, it can be moved to any non-conflict position (that is, not reserved for other programs). But in general, one end space is found between 0X000800 and 0X0A0000.
view the partition table. Load 0X7C00 at the first Sector of the partition that is set to be active. Normally, this Sector will be the boot Sector. Finally, the master booter jumps to 0X7C00 and executes boot sector.
Gate A20 Option
function: set the control mode of A20 address line
set value :Fast or Normal
A20 address line control mode refers to how the system accesses the part of the memory space above 1MB. Because of history, early computers had only 1MB of memory, and software could use up to 1MB. Later, due to technological advances, software required more memory, so the system was required to provide more memory space. The A20 signal was created to solve this problem.
when this option is set to “Normal”, the system USES the keyboard controller chip to control the A20 signal; When this option is set to “Fast”, the system USES a chip on the motherboard to control the A20 signal. When using the motherboard chip to control the A20 signal, the memory access speed can be improved, thus improving the performance of the system. Therefore, it is recommended to set this option to “Fast”.
- The solution of default boot device missing or boot failed appears on the blue screen of Lenovo xiaoxinchao 7000
- Disk read error solution for new hard disk installation
- Win10 UEFI+BMR losslessly changed to UEFI+GPt
- U disk installation Linux system could not boot, / dev / root does not exist and the identified hard disk space is not available
- [windows] U disk installed system, unable to format the selected partition [error: 0x8004242d]
- Non system disk or disk error
- Win7 and Ubuntu dual system, start error: no such partition grub rescue
- [How to Fix] error: file ‘/boot/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod’ not found
- Windows 10 startup item repair an operating system was’t found solution
- Several reasons of program flashback crash
- Windows 10 startup item repair an operating system wasn’t found
- Bcdboot command line parameter options
- Solve boot prompt“ error:unknown filesystem Grub rescue “problem
- Swap off failed: cannot allocate memory
- “An error occurred while adding a recovery system to the destination disk
- Solve the problem of non system disk or disk error, replace and strike any key when ready
- Modify grub to solve computer startup error: error 17
- The computer can’t turn on ERROR: NO BOOT DISK HAS BEEN DETECTED OR THE DISK HAS FAILED
- VC Critical error detected c0000374 crash problem and solution
- MP-BIOS bug: 8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC