I was using the System.Web.Configuration. WebConfiguration class to open the configuration for the site from one of my logic dll’s and I got the wonderful error An error occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to map the path ‘/’.
I freaked out for a second, until I put more thought into it. This is running fine in production! What is the difference with my machine and the server?
Oh! My Visual Studio is running under UAC with limited privileges since I am in Windows 7. DUH!
So, I restarted Visual Studio 2010 under “Run as Administrator” and problem solved. So if you are on Vista or Windows 7, that’s the issue.
NOTE: If you develop with administrative rights, be careful you don’t make development mistakes that assume everyone will run your program as an admin. i.e. writing to program files directory, root directory, etc.
- The solution of configuring OpenGL in vs2017
- Link: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file “debug”/ xx.exe The question of
- LinkIssue: Error ‘LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or cor
- Configuring OpenGL development environment in win10 + vs2015 (including the method of installing 32-bit and 64 bit libraries)
- The solution of windows not flashing back when visual studio console program is running
- Solve the problem that comdlg32.ocx, mscomm32.ocx and other controls cannot be registered under WIN7 64-bit system
- OpenGL environment configuration under VS2010 / vs2012 / vs2015
- Solution to CUDA installation failure problem visual studio integration failed
- CreateProcess failed when the inno setup packager is installed; code 740
- Vs compiling OpenGL project, the solution of unable to open the source file “GL / glaux. H” appears
- Flash back record of vs2017 installation process
- Vs2019: solution nvcc total: cannot find compiler‘ cl.exe ‘ in PATH
- Strong name validation failed solution
- A series of problems in configuring OpenGL development environment in vs2015
- Solution to 800b0001 failure of Windows Update
- VS2015 TRK0005 CL.exe
- The C compiler identification is unknown solution
- Solution: PIP install MySQL Python has the following problems
- The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid
- Visual studio 2017, OpenGL program running prompt glut32.dll missing solution