Root herself failed to change the password
Normal user failed to change password
1. Reporting such an error is: password: authentication token operation error, usually due to the permissions of the password file, but may also be the root directory space is full.
Using the Lsattr command to view the file properties that hold the user and password, you find the I option: (I: Do not arbitrarily change files or directories.) As a result, all users cannot change their passwords because they have no permission to do so.
2. We need to use the chattr command to revoke the I permission, and then modify, it is ok.
3. Then test root and Xiaogang users to change their passwords.
Test the root user to change the password
Test xiaogang users to change their passwords
4. For security reasons, it is better to change the password and protect the file where the user and password are stored.
Also chattr + I /etc/passwd
5 ordinary users to modify their passwords, is required, the password must be complex, and in the password dictionary some characters can be set.
- ERROR: You must wait longer to change your password passwd: Authentication token manipulation error
- “Failed to find entry for user…” appears when Linux uses samba
- Connection authorization failure occurred. Reason: local security service non retryable error solution
- Root password of windows 10 WSL Ubuntu system
- Setting the root password of windows 10 Ubuntu subsystem
- Common linux commands — find command’s Exec
- Authentication token manipulation error appears in ubuntu18.04 password modification
- Method of modifying file and folder permission by Chmod command in Linux
- MySQL data backup scheme (compatible with local and remote)
- Add Samba user prompt failed to add entry for user
- Two kinds of errors caused by root / lack of execution permission x
- MySQL Access denied
- SFTP login error: fatal error: received unexpected end of file from SFTP server
- An error is reported when logging into mysql. The error message is error 1049 (42000): unknown database ‘XXXXXX’
- Linux configuration SFTP server
- To the brothers who encountered simple bind failed 192.168.1.×××: 636
- Failed to create VirtualBox client com
- A case diagnosis and solution of DB2 error code 1639 and SQL state 08001 is described in detail
- MySQL password setting error message: error 1054 (42s22): unknown column ‘password’ in ‘field list’
- How to solve SVN authorization failed error