When using SSH to log in to the ECS instance of the Linux system, if the root user enters the correct password, the following error message will appear.
Note: the non root user can log in normally, and the root user can log in normally through the management terminal.
Permission denied, please try again.
Please check the security log. If it contains the following error message, the problem is usually caused by the SELinux service enabled. Please refer to the solution to the problem caused by SELinux service. In other cases, please refer to the solution to the problem caused by forbidding the root user to log in.
error: Could not get shadow infromation for root.
Solutions to problems caused by forbidding root user to log in
The related Linux configuration and instructions in this paper have been tested in CentOS 6.5 64 bit operating system. The operating system configuration of other types and versions may be different. Please refer to the official documents of the corresponding release for details. Related policies can improve the security of the server. Users are requested to decide whether to modify the relevant configuration based on the trade-off between security and ease of use.
Please refer to the following steps to check the configuration and modify it.
- log in to the ECS instance of Linux system through the management terminal ol>
/etc/SSH/sshd through cat and other commands_ Whether the configconfiguration file contains a configuration similar to the following.
Note: the description of this parameter is as follows.
If the parameter is not configured (by default), or the parameter value is configured to “yes”, the root user is allowed to log in. Only when the parameter value is set to “no”, will the root user be forbidden to log in.
This parameter only affects the root user’s SSH login, and does not affect the root user’s login to the system through the management terminal and other ways.
- use VI and other editors to set the parameter value to “yes”, or delete the parameter, or comment (add “#” at the beginning) the whole line configuration. For example:
Note: it is recommended to back up the configuration file before modification.
blockquote> execute the following command to restart the SSH service.
service sshd restart
Try logging in to the server again using root. If the problem still exists, you can refer to the troubleshooting guide for remote login failure of ECS Linux SSH for further troubleshooting and analysis ol>
Solutions to problems caused by SELinux service
You can choose to temporarily or permanently shut down SELinux service to solve the problem of SSH connection exception according to the needs of the on-site environment.
Check SELinux service status
log in to the Linux instance through the management terminal and execute the following command to view the current SELinux service status.
The system display is similar to the following.
SELinux status: enabled
SELinux statusparameter is
enabledmeans that it is in the on state
Temporarily shut down SELinux service
Log in to the Linux instance and execute the following command to temporarily close SELinux.
Tip: temporary modification of SELinux service status is real-time and effective, and there is no need to restart the system or instance.
Permanently shut down SELinux service
Log in to the Linux instance and execute the following command to shut down the SELinux service permanently.
Tip: to permanently modify SELinux service status, you need to restart the system or instance before it can take effect.
sed -i 's/SELINUX=enforcing/SELINUX=disabled/' /etc/selinux/config
Tip: this command is only applicable when the SELinux service is in
- [Linux] solution: SCP different server copy file prompt permission denied, please try again
- Solve MySQL error 1698 (28000): access denied for user ‘root’ @’localhost ‘
- Error 1045 (28000): access denied for user ‘root’ @’localhost ‘(using password: no)
- Error 1045 (28000): solution to access denied for user ‘root’ @’localhost ‘(using password: no)
- ER_ACCESS_DENIED_ERROR: Access denied for user ‘root‘@‘localhost‘ (using password: NO)
- Error 1045 (28000) access denied for user ‘root’ @’localhost ‘appears in MySQL under Windows system
- MySQL connection error access denied for user ‘root’ @ ‘localhost‘
- Centos Failed to Modify the port of SSH: error: Bind to port 27615 on 0.0.0.0 failed: Permission denied.
- Error code 1045, state 28000, Java sql.SQLException :Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’
- SSIS package error report login failed for user’nt authority\anonymous logon’ solution
- [git] report error and solve cannot open.git/fetch_ HEAD: Permission denied
- Permission error: [errno 13] permission denied: ‘… ” xxx.pyd ‘
- Android has applied for permission and still prompts open failed: eacces (permission denied)
- HDFS Java API operation error (user permission)
- SQL Server “login failed for user ‘domain account”. [sqlstate 28000] (error 18456). “Problem solving
- Two kinds of errors caused by root / lack of execution permission x
- Solve the problem of dynamically applying for permission, but still reporting an error of open failed: eacces (permission denied)
- Idea access denied for user ‘xxx’ @ ‘localhost’ solution
- Solutions for permission denied
- MS SQL Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user ‘domain\login’, error code 0x5. [SQ…