Question: How do I uncompress a *.7z file ( 7zip file ) in UNIX/Linux ?Can you explain with a simple example?
Answer: Use 7za command to unzip a 7z file ( 7zip file ) on Unix platform as shown below.
Verify whether you have 7za command on your system.
# whereis 7za 7za: /usr/bin/7za /usr/share/man/man1/7za.1.gz
If you don’t have 7za command, install p7zip package as shown below.
Install p7zip to unzip *.7z files on Fedora
# yum install p7zip
Install p7zip to unzip *.7z files on Debian and Ubuntu
$ sudo apt-get install p7zip
Uncompressing a *.7z 7zip files in Linux using 7za
$ 7za e myfiles.7z 7-Zip (A) 9.04 beta Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov 2009-05-30 p7zip Version 9.04 (locale=C,Utf16=off,HugeFiles=on,1 CPU) Processing archive: ../../myfiles.7z Extracting myfiles/test1 Extracting myfiles/test2 Extracting myfiles/test Extracting myfiles Everything is Ok Folders: 1 Files: 3 Size: 7880 Compressed: 404
7za – command namee – specifies the 7z to be extractedmyfiles.7z – is the file that is to be extracted
Creating a 7zip compression file in Linux
$ 7za a myfiles.7z myfiles/ 7-Zip (A) 9.04 beta Copyright (c) 1999-2009 Igor Pavlov 2009-05-30 p7zip Version 9.04 (locale=C,Utf16=off,HugeFiles=on,1 CPU) Scanning Creating archive myfiles.7z Compressing myfiles/test1 Compressing myfiles/test2 Everything is Ok
Files and sub directories of myfiles/ will be added to the myfiles.7z.
a – add to archivefile.7z – archive file to which these files and dir from dir1 will be added to.
- Error in Linux running file: bash: $’\r’: command not found
- Linux: How to Fix undefined reference to `itoa’
- [Linux] undefined reference to `itoa’
- How to Fix Oracle listener error Linux error: 111: connection reused
- Running shell script reports an error: “syntax error near unexpected token solution ‘”
- How to Solve Ubuntu “Failed to fetch” Error
- CentOS/RHEL 7: How to Reinstall GRUB2 from Rescue Mode (EFI)
- How to Use Apt get Command Under Mac OSX
- Linux changing password enter new UNIX password: passwd: authentication token manipulation error
- How to Skip testing when Maven is packaged
- Grep: How to Find All the Files Containing a String in Linux
- How to Fix Linux sub process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
- Notes on Linux SCP command using specific port
- Sublime text 3 compiles and executes C/C++ programs directly
- Summary of unity3d 11 SceneManager scene management usage
- How to Fix error 28 from storage engine
- Linux gets the program PID according to the port
- How to Add Dfrours Model
- How to Solve Rosep Problem in ROS Initialization (Sudo Rosep Init)
- WPF: How to Reference Font Resource File