When compiling libzmq on ubuntu, an error is reported during configure and makefile generation.
libzmq-master$ ./autogen.sh autoreconf: Entering directory `.’ autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext autoreconf: running: aclocal -I config --force -I config autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --include=config --force configure.ac:28: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_SUBST If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow. See the Autoconf documentation. configure.ac:74: error: missing some pkg-config macros (pkg-config package) configure.ac:83: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL configure.ac:84: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL configure.ac:132: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_RESULT configure.ac:145: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DEFINE configure.ac:253: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_LIB configure.ac:335: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_CHECK_HEADERS configure.ac:337: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR configure.ac:521: error: missing some pkg-config macros (pkg-config package) configure.ac:526: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_SEARCH_LIBS configure.ac:555: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_NOTICE configure.ac:831: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_WARN configure:6458: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_DISABLE_STATIC configure:6462: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_ENABLE_STATIC autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1 autogen.sh: error: autoreconf exited with status 1
As suggested by the webmaster
sudo apt install automake libtool m4 autoconf
I found that all of them are installed. Try other solutions:
The software installed by apt-get is usually in the /usr directory. Since it is prompted that AC_PROG_LIBTOOL cannot be found, there are two general reasons for the analysis.
1. failure to install the package or other reasons such as version problems resulting in no definition of AC_PROG_LIBTOOL.
2. there is a problem finding the path.
From these two points, you can look for AC_PROG_LIBTOOL globally in the /usr directory
can see that AC_PROG_LIBTOOL can be found in the m4 file, then it may be a path issue.
Most m4 files are in the /usr/share/aclocal/ directory, but the default aclocal path for configure is actually /usr/local/share/aclocal.
Then there can be two ways to do it.
First, copy all the *.m4 files under /usr/share/aclocal/ to the usr/local/share/aclocal/ directory.
Second, specify the installation path of aclocal.
sudo cp /usr/share/aclocal/*.m4 /usr/local/share/aclocal/
Again . /autogen.sh, and it passes.
- [Solved] Error in porting libzrtp: automake-1.14: command not found
- [app] install and compile libimobililedevice, How to solve the error
- Call to undefined method Illuminate\Foundation\Application::bindShared()
- Android Studio Warning: Process ‘command ‘git‘‘ finished with non-zero exit value 1
- Tensorflow Error: Could not create cudnn handle: CUDNN_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR
- C Language error: two or more data types in declaration specifiers
- Error: cannot find module ‘webpack cli/bin/config yargs’‘
- [Solved] Minidlna Error: checking for avformat_open_input in -lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lz… no
- Git pull and Git pull origin master Warning: Pulling without specifying how to reconcile divergent branches
- Analysis of npm error ENOTFOUND npm ERR! network request to https://npm.***.com/*** failed and the role of the .npmrc file
- Error 2 error c2491: XX: definition of dllimport static data member is not allowed
- [Solved] Postcss Error: Invalid options object. PostCSS Loader has been initialized using an options object that does not match the API schema.
- Error using tensorflow GPU: could not create cudnn handle: cudnn_STATUS_NOT_INITIALIZED
- Intellij IDEA jetty-jmx.xml Error:Duplicate config file paths found
- [Solved] Could not create cudnn handle: CUDNN_STATUS_INTERNAL_ERROR
- [Solved] Excel plug in installation failed: unable to resolve the value of property ‘type’
- Hive 3.1.2 startup error reporting and resolution of guava version conflict
- Vagrant up Error: Warning: Authentication failure. Retrying…[How to Solve]
- MAC: Brew upgrade Error [How to Fix]
- [Solved] Could not find a package configuration file provided by “moveit_core“