#Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client
Background: unknown, only my personal situation for reference. The question is not sure if it is related to Noje.js , that is, ES6 is directly related, and whether it is inevitable or not is uncertain Node.js When developing the server, the parameters such as the domain name (localhost), port (3306), user name (root), password, etc. are set correctly, but still an error is reported.
Premise: the computer has installed (1) MySQL (current version 8.0). It is recommended to install (2) MySQL database visualization software, such as Navicat.
connect to the database (best through third-party software like Navicat or console), and input the following contents:
mysql> ALTER USER ‘root’@‘localhost’ IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY ‘New root password’;
(here “;” please note)
It is recommended to close the running server (if it exists, whether it is successfully started or not), check the new database password, and then restart
refer to stack overflow https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50093144/mysql-8-0-client-does-not-support-authentication-protocol-requested-by-server
I don’t quite understand the cause of this problem and how it was solved. So I suggest that you follow the example.
Theoretically, this command only resets the password of root. If the password before and after reset is the same, it should not report an error at the beginning
Please try this solution first, if it is invalid, then consider upgrading MySQL version.
- Docker mysql8 modify password
- ERROR 1054(42S22) Unknown column ‘password’ in ‘field list’ (Fixed)
- MYSQL Error 1045 (28000): access denied for user ‘root’ @’localhost ‘(using password: Yes)
- After installing mysql5.7 on centos7, an error 1045 (28000) is reported: access denied for user ‘root’ @’localhost ‘(using PAS)
- How to Fix MySQL ERROR 1130 (HY000): Host ‘XXXX’ is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
- mysql ERROR 1820 (HY000): You must reset your password using ALTER USER statement before executin
- ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’
- Mybatis Error: The server time zone value ‘����1532a0’ is unrecognized
- linux mysql ERROR 1820 (HY000): You must SET PASSWORD before executing this statement
- Mysql 8.0.13 Enabling remote access (ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual th)
- How To Change ASM SYS PASSWORD
- ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/tmp/mysql.sock’
- Ubuntu ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘127.0.0.1’ (111)
- mysqli_ Error() has no return value (Fixed)
- [Solved] Running in 64 bit mode with the 32 bit Oracle client installed
- How to Solve can‘t connect to local mysql server through socket ‘/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock‘
- mysql workbench Error Code: 1046. No database selected Select the default DB to be used by doubl
- [How to Fix] Database can’t open file (errno:24)
- MySql Warning: The server quit without updating PID file error
- How to Fix MySQL error 1005: can’t create table (errno: 150)