reset password for Linux ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘root’ @’ localhost ‘(using password: YES)
usually this ERROR is caused by a password ERROR, so the solution is naturally to reset the password.
suppose we are using a root account.
1. The first step to reset your password is to skip the MySQL password authentication process as follows:
#vim /etc/my.cnf(note: my.ini is modified under Windows)
search mysqld within the document to locate the [mysqld] text segment:
/mysqld(directly enter this command to search text content in vim edit state)
add “skip-gran-tables” on any line after [mysqld] to skip the password verification process, as shown in the figure below:
save the document and exit:
2. Next we need to restart MySQL:
/etc/init.d/mysql restart(some users may need to use /etc/init.d/mysqld restart)
3. After a reboot enter #mysql to enter mysql.
4. The next step is to use SQL to change root’s password
mysql> use mysql;
mysql> Update user set password=password(” your new password “) where user= “root”;
mysql> flush privileges;
is where the root account has been reset to the new password.
5. Edit my.cnf to remove the content you just added, and then restart MySQL. There we go!
- MYSQL login error: mysqladmin: connect to server at’localhost’ failed
- [error handling] when logging into MySQL with CentOS command, an error 1045 (28000) is reported
- Fatal error: Please read “Security” section of the manual to find out how to run mysqld as root!
- Linux-mysql8.0 password reset problem – error 1396 (HY000): Operation alter user failed for ‘root’ @’localhost ‘
- MySQL password setting error message: error 1054 (42s22): unknown column ‘password’ in ‘field list’
- Error 1045 (28000): access denied for user ‘root’ @’localhost ‘(using password: no)
- MySQL startup problem (ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user’ODBC’@’localhost’ (using password: NO))
- MySQL forgot the root password
- MySQL error — multiple methods of failed to find valid data directory and MySQL setting password appear
- Error 1045 (28000): solution to access denied for user ‘root’ @’localhost ‘(using password: no)
- Navicat for MySQL error 1251 failed to connect to MySQL
- After installing MySQL again under Linux, the solution of ‘MySQL module failed to start’ appears
- Remote connection MySQL error 1045 solution
- Solve MySQL error 1698 (28000): access denied for user ‘root’ @’localhost ‘
- Solve the problem of MySQL 1251 client does not support
- Error 1045 (28000) access denied for user ‘root’ @’localhost ‘appears in MySQL under Windows system
- ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user’ODBC’@localhost (using password: NO)209150;’211503;’
- ERROR 2000 (HY000): Unknown MySQL error
- Redirecting to /bin/systemctl stop mysqld.service
- After the two hosts set up the master-slave replication of MySQL, the show slave status displays: last_ IO_ Error: error connecting to master ……